Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: how to multiboot?

Title
    Thanks

how to multiboot?

hi guys,

just getting into this box, loving it so far.

i want to try a few images, so i have VIX - installed via USB.

how do i get other images into the other 3 partitions - and how would you pick which one afterwards?

when i download other images as ZIP files, do i put them on a stick and insert and do something within the VIX image settings somewhere...?

help would be appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    If you want to try OpenPli or OpenATV then as per normal for online flashing ...
    Blue Button /VIX/ ImageManager/ Download(yellow button) —-> choose OpenPli/OpenATV in download feeds -> select your image, then download
    Once downloaded, select in list and hit flash(blue) button -> once flashed will reboot to new image

From either image long press power Button to get multibboot restart menu
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

BobbyC (21-06-20),manikm (16-01-20)

Title
    Thanks
    flashed open atv on multiboot fine thanks
    Last edited by daz450; 15-01-20 at 23:52.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    If you want to try OpenPli or OpenATV then as per normal for online flashing ...
    Blue Button /VIX/ ImageManager/ Download(yellow button) —-> choose OpenPli/OpenATV in download feeds -> select your image, then download
    Once downloaded, select in list and hit flash(blue) button -> once flashed will reboot to new image

From either image long press power Button to get multibboot restart menu
    thank you very much

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Being on lockdown and bored I tried the different images openPli and OpenATV. I cant see an advantage to these images over VIX, I much prefer the simplicity of VIX. How do I delete these images? Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    You can either flash over them or go to ViX plugin and multibootmanager - and delete the slot contents
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thank you twol,sorted.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gws View Post
    Being on lockdown and bored I tried the different images openPli and OpenATV. I cant see an advantage to these images over VIX, I much prefer the simplicity of VIX. How do I delete these images? Thanks.
    I agree, i remember trying openpli and ATV a few years back. It was awful i cant see why people would choose these images over openvix

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Theres worse than that. Some vu users even swear by blackhole
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Because users often stick with their 1st image and then never look beyond ......... and like so many decisions, you read information that supports that view and disregard information that doesn‘t support your decision.

Some images are very good on their forums at expressing their weakness as a positive e.g other images coding is crap or they have tweaks to the image to make the image work, whereas „we“ being „pure“ wait on manufacturers to fix their drivers

Of course I am joking no image developers would act like this!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners: