Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: blind scan on this model?

Title
    Thanks

blind scan on this model?

hey guys, interested in this box due to the 3 tuners, does it have a decent hardware blind scan does anyone know?> cant seem to find a proper answer anywhere?

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    I found this - the tuner which the H7 series uses.
    Can someone confirm blindscan works on latets VIX image?

The Si2169D offers an on-chip blind scan algorithm for DVB-S/S2/
    S2X and DVB-C standards, as well as a blind lock function.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    I am sure Huevos could confirm, but the only 2 receivers mentioned that really do blindscan well (that I have seen posted on the forums) are the SF8008 and Osmio4K
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    i took the plunge, and will report back tomorrow

Title
    Thanks
    ok thus far, what i have gathered, is that when using blind scan, you have to also select network scan, this is unusual, but without doing this, it misses about 80 odd channels.

i was disheartened at first, but then i was encouraged.

scanning 4.8east, on this VERY windy evening yielded 385 channels - without network scan, it was about 300. BUT it varied a bit on every scan, but it is VERY windy, so potential weak signals would be eradicated from the scan

it found a IM A CELEBRITY feed from Germany = so it IS finding channels not in a database....

will report back on maybe a better day...

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I am sure Huevos could confirm, but the only 2 receivers mentioned that really do blindscan well (that I have seen posted on the forums) are the SF8008 and Osmio4K
    Such receivers are very few and far between. I have been looking for such a receiver but none do an internal hdd. I hate clutter so an external hdd is a no no. I will wait and see what turns up but despite blind scan being a popular request allwe get is much of a muchness in receivers.

Title
    Thanks
    i believe this receiver does blind scan just as well as the Edision 4k MIO - although slightly slower, by a couple of minutes.
    for me, this is a top STB - there is ALSO no JITTER on 5w RAI multistream channels, there was on MIO 4k

8. The Following User Says Thank You to manikm For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (16-01-20)