Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: VU+ Uno 4K AV Out.

Title
    Thanks

VU+ Uno 4K AV Out.

I was offered a VU UNo 4k and was told it has AV out. I noticed that new models are shown with only s/pdif. So how old is the box with AV out ans is there any other differences?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    There are two versions. The first Uno 4k (without HDMI IN) has the 3.5mm AV connector. Not sure about the SE edition.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Emulated (07-01-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    There are two versions. The first Uno 4k (without HDMI IN) has the 3.5mm AV connector. Not sure about the SE edition.
    Thanks made me do loads of looking and the SE model is what I would like. £234 is a bit much just now so will have to sell off my other boxes.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    I don't think the SE versoin has AV out. Confirm before you buy it.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    There's plenty of boxes out there that will do the job nicely without needing to sell up. The Octagon SF8008 has AV output - its a 3.5mm TRRS jack and the cables are available on fleabay etc.

Here is the pinout in case you need it:

sf8008_av_cable.png

And yes I've had a few Vu receivers in the past and see no need to spend that sort of money.
    Last edited by ronand; 07-01-20 at 22:29.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (14-06-20),twol (07-01-20),Willo3092 (07-01-20)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emulated View Post
    Thanks made me do loads of looking and the SE model is what I would like. £234 is a bit much just now so will have to sell off my other boxes.
    £228.00 from WoS shop: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/VU/vu-plus-uno-4k-se-fbc-dvb-s-s2
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable