Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Audio out.

Title
    Thanks

Audio out.

Had a new monitor instead of switching my computer input screen. The only problem is my GB UHD Quad 4K only has the spidf connection. The monitor only has phono out which is a bit weak. Pity the Gigablue does not do usb sound, the same as my computer or rca. Maybe get an Ultimo, RCA out and plugable tuners.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 2,242 Posts
    The monitor has built in speakers? If so why doesnt it take the audio from the hdmi?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    when you are satisfied with the Quad why not a simple SPDIF -> RCA converter? They start at around €15.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

Emulated (04-01-20),twol (04-01-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Its a 16" monitor, no room for anything bigger and no speakers. Asus VT168H. I have a usb mini soundbar which used to work well with my old laptop. Maybe a phono to usb adapter would work.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    when you are satisfied with the Quad why not a simple SPDIF -> RCA converter? They start at around €15.

Ralf
    Yes its worth a try and its not bulky to hide amongst the other cables.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,

Ralf
    I tried spdif but the sound was very quiet. In the end I got a WAVE A1. Usb of receiver for power and 3.5mm into the monitor earphone output. Amazing for its size. Jsy £21-95.