Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Picons not loading after full reboot

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Picons not loading after full reboot

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The logs show this
    Code:
    <    16.072> [Picon] adding path: /media/usb/picon/
    <    19.865> Current Picon Path : /media/usb/picon/
    Can you please post a screenshot of the folder layout of the picon folder itself. Just in case you have a sub folder. Sorry to ask.

The larger device is meat to be mounted as HDD by default as this was the most logical approach at the time as people would have the HDD internally within the STB. However, you have an external device that has the same size as the internal one. There is a way to assign devices to specific mount points. I can't remember how. It stops devices changing order etc. This probably explains the jumping around of mount points.

I prefer df -Th, but not important now.

Title
    Thanks
    In my previous message I replied to bbbuk, the place you probably remember is the same place I did it and it does work great when the system is up and running.

Here's the screenshot:

picon-dir.jpg
    VU+ Duo 4k + 1 x FBC DVB-C :: OpenVIX 6.2.001 (main) // VU+ Duo2 + 1 x Dual DVB-C :: OpenVIX 5.1.024 (spare)

Title
    Thanks
    Can you attach the picon folder here please (zipped)? Are you using Linux4LCD?

Title
    Thanks
    Yes I'm using LCD4Linux. Picon folder attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    VU+ Duo 4k + 1 x FBC DVB-C :: OpenVIX 6.2.001 (main) // VU+ Duo2 + 1 x Dual DVB-C :: OpenVIX 5.1.024 (spare)

Title
    Thanks
    Do the picons work fine on the GUI? I don't know much about L4L. You don't need it though.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmatil View Post
    In my previous message I replied to bbbuk, the place you probably remember is the same place I did it and it does work great when the system is up and running.
    So as it stands now the picon folder on /media/usb/picon, doesn't resolve issue?

If not, could you try unplugging external drive and reboot and see if that does?

Just trying to see if multiple HDDs cause it. It shouldn't as it's clear it know where the picons are from debug log.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    for LCD4 you need to specify path in second page "on" .
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Yes the picons look fine on the GUI, I actually do not use them on the LCD with L4L. They're only displayed on the infobar, channel list and EPG screens. I use L4L because it's easier to modify the screen layout rather than modify the xml files by hand. They each have their pros and cons though...

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmatil View Post
    Yes the picons look fine on the GUI, I actually do not use them on the LCD with L4L. They're only displayed on the infobar, channel list and EPG screens. I use L4L because it's easier to modify the screen layout rather than modify the xml files by hand. They each have their pros and cons though...
    Sorry, I don't fully understand. Is there ever a problem with the GUI and picons? I am trying to establish what problem we are trying to fix, "picons not displaying on front pane displayl" or "picons not displaying on GUI" or both those.

Title
    Thanks
    Picons on GUI. Sorry, should have cleared that up before. So the picons do not display on the GUI after full reboot. Nothing related to the LCD or L4L.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So if you do a restart of GUI (ie quick restart), picons work on GUI (for clarification this is infobar, epg screens, etc)?

If so, is it only when you do a full restart of entire box? What do you need to do to get them working or do they work after a short time (ie box is still busy in background)?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    So if you do a restart of GUI (ie quick restart), picons work on GUI (for clarification this is infobar, epg screens, etc)?
    Yes that's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    If so, is it only when you do a full restart of entire box? What do you need to do to get them working or do they work after a short time (ie box is still busy in background)?
    Yes, only after a full restart. Doesn't matter how long I wait, they will not be displayed anywhere on the GUI.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pmatil For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (01-01-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If you put your picons on the main internal hdd (normally /media/hdd/picon ), removed ones on USB (put please leave USB stick plugged in - maybe just rename folder so it will not find them), and did a full reboot?

Title
    Thanks
    There was a similar thread some time ago where the mountpoints were getting confused, something to do with the USB 3 speed. MAybe @ccs can find it sa he is our expert searcher and link poster.

Until it is fixed, might be an idea to remove the extra HDD and. You can play recordings over the LAN.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

pmatil (01-01-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    There was a similar thread some time ago where the mountpoints were getting confused, something to do with the USB 3 speed. MAybe @ccs can find it sa he is our expert searcher and link poster.
    Not this year! The thread rings a bell, and the nearest I found was
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post474702

but the OP stopped posting so there is no resolution.

It's the kind of problem @birdman sorts out, so maybe he can remember it (sorry!!).

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (01-01-20),pmatil (01-01-20)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast