Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google Assistant / Alexa support on OpenViX / Enigma2?

Title
    Thanks
    one last question, have you set this up via a harnoney remote, or through the openwebif platform?

Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    I use a commercial software called IP Symcon.

There are several free versions like OpenHAB2, FHEM, HA-Bridge, Node-RED and last but not least IO-Broker which can be used to control several devices. I do not know which support Google Home. I think IOBroker might be worth the first look. Advantage of all systems is that you have complete freedom.

Ralf

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    my setup is a bit more advanced. Most of the time I use a Neeo remote to give my home automation software a command and this tells my hubs to do what I want. When I want something from my E2 receiver (VU) or my Denon/Marantz AVR the software sends the commands directly to the network interface of these devices.

When I use Alexa it replaces the Neeo so when I say "Alexa start TV" Alexa gives the command to the home automation software and it sends a command to my Harmony but it can also send commands directly to network enabled devices.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    I know this is an old thread, apologies if already answered elsewhere. I know home control using home assistant or other similar programmes using openwebif is possible (That can link in with Google Home). All solutions require a PC or Raspberry Pi to be running 24/7. My question is does anyone know of a standalone Android App that could do the same that works with Google Home?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevea76 View Post
    I know this is an old thread, apologies if already answered elsewhere. I know home control using home assistant or other similar programmes using openwebif is possible (That can link in with Google Home). All solutions require a PC or Raspberry Pi to be running 24/7. My question is does anyone know of a standalone Android App that could do the same that works with Google Home?
    I doubt there is one so why not write your own?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I used a more simple way. I have a homeau tomation running which supports Alexa, Google and Enigma2 as well. Now I can do everything I like. Some programing skills required though.

Ralf
    ---
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    @Trial, I would be interested to know what set up you are using, maybe a YouTube video of how you set it up? I really only want to control my zgemma box by voice, as Google Home is fine for me for controlling all my other home appliances (lights/TV/washing machine etc) I have Raspberry PI that I was thinking of putting an offline voice assistant on it like Mycroft or Rhasspy, but my Linux skills are novice at best.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    no a video does not make much sense. GoogleHome and Enigma2 is supported also by free home automation software like OpenHab, IOBroker and more. Perhaps you look there for tutorials. As I said I use a special, commercial software for around €500 which is not necessary for this simple task.

Ralf
    ---

Title
    Thanks
    I have a voice activated system, but it has cost me literally 10s of £1000s and some times it flat out refuses to do what I ask.

It my 11 year old daughter

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JonMMM For This Useful Post:

twol (03-10-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12