Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: IPTV subtitles

Title
    Thanks

IPTV subtitles

Hi

I managed to get working our local ITPV via udpxy. Everything is ok but channels are not showing subtitles. Some of them have teletext subtitles and some dvb subtitles. They are showing up fine in VLC and ProgDVB (from there I figured out their type). Is it something which I could get work by some settings or how provider link should be set up or it wouldn't be possible at all because of architecture limitations or something?
    Last edited by tomuser; 26-12-19 at 16:29.

Title
    Thanks
    Just some new things I noticed after several months when I'm back trying to get this work. New problem is that channel freezes when subtitles are trying to come in. It's not problem to watch whole program when there are no subtitles. Shows and movies which do have subtitles will freeze the channel completely when subtitles should be shown. Currently on Vix 5.3.038

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I actually encountered this problem too, but not on IPTV - just on normal receiver reception + recordings.
    Sometimes there are only Teletext subtitles and not original DVB and I also have to switch them on 'every' time, which is annoying for someone that needs them on all the time.

Note: I still do Humax recordings in parallel and I can confirm Subtitles OK on Humax.

Maybe OpenVix needs a little tweak on Subtitles - I wonder.

Many 'non hearing impaired' people in society do not realise there are ~4 million 'registered' with hearing problems and over 12 million with some kind of hearing problem ... yes a lot of people and this only the UK - almost 30% have some kind of problems and even if you glance at them once in a while, they make your life much easier and les stressed!

Quote Originally Posted by tomuser View Post
    Hi

I managed to get working our local ITPV via udpxy. Everything is ok but channels are not showing subtitles. Some of them have teletext subtitles and some DVB subtitles. They are showing up fine in VLC and ProgDVB (from there I figured out their type). Is it something which I could get work by some settings or how provider link should be set up or it wouldn't be possible at all because of architecture limitations or something?