Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Can anyone recommend a good sat meter?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Can anyone recommend a good sat meter?

As above - just been up on the roof and im pretty sure my dish has moved, my LNB cover on the front is shot (it was a thin plastic) but thats blown through so im pretty sure thats gone. As weve got a bedroom up there i can hook up something temporary and use a receiver as a sat meter - its pretty heath robinson but its always worked....before i start i think "should get a meter" and then when i finish i think "meh...get one next time..."

So now its out again i need to get one....so, question is (and this is for a motorized system) anyone got any suggestions....i dont want to go cheap but, dont want to spend out hundreds also....can anyone suggest a few in different price ranges...id say 200 is my top amount...and i think i need to spend at least a ton but educate me otherwise...open to suggestions...

Cheers to anyone that chips in.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well, needed to get something on order (as my dish is currently out of alignment) did some reading up - ordered one of these of which i can use an old phone as a head end (dont wanna drop my good phone off the roof if i can avoid it..)

https://www.inverto.tv/satpal/321/th...anagement-tool

Found a nearly new one on ebay for just under 150...

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Let us knowhow you get on.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi - well, in a word...brilliant.

Had my dish lined up in about 10 minutes rather than what i usually do (hook up a temporary setup in the loft room, look through the rooflight and line it up that way) - literally scratched the surface of what it can do....its pretty cool...all the stuff to line up the dish is on your phone...i put it in a case and strapped it to the vertical pole and then once i was on sat, then skewed the lnb to get a bit more signal. The main unit goes in line, then bluetooths to the phone which has the app installed.

Now the dish is lined up ive got other issues (nothing to do with the meter) in that the motor sometimes moves sometimes doesnt...so im not sure what that is, although the motor has been up there a fair few years so it might be knackered....

Ive not been able to do the firmware on it yet...computer says its not connected but it is = so ill have to investigate a bit more on that one....

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfysofa View Post
    As above - just been up on the roof and im pretty sure my dish has moved, my LNB cover on the front is shot (it was a thin plastic) but thats blown through so im pretty sure thats gone. As weve got a bedroom up there i can hook up something temporary and use a receiver as a sat meter - its pretty heath robinson but its always worked....before i start i think "should get a meter" and then when i finish i think "meh...get one next time..."

So now its out again i need to get one....so, question is (and this is for a motorized system) anyone got any suggestions....i dont want to go cheap but, dont want to spend out hundreds also....can anyone suggest a few in different price ranges...id say 200 is my top amount...and i think i need to spend at least a ton but educate me otherwise...open to suggestions...

Cheers to anyone that chips in.
    I set the Gigablue up in the positioner mode at 0.8 W. I go on the roof whilst her indoors watched the signal strength whilst we are on the phone intercom. Easier than moving the dish a tweak whilst watching a meter.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    I have Dr HD 1000+s meter does quite alot also has ability to check which sat you are aligned on. For instance you want Astra 28.2 and you get a good spectrum reading and keep SatID key and find your on 13E.
    So Dr HD has ability to locate Sats from the signal and tell you what your aligned on. Also has a mini TV built in and can veiw the channels on that Sat if clear. Abot £220 or so. Just the google Dr HD and check prices.

Thanks
    Eggie