Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Issue with HDMI CEC

Title
    Thanks

Issue with HDMI CEC

Just bought a maxytec after living with a Zgemma for a few years, have set it up without issue and have 3 builds installed, openvix, openPli and Open ATV

With all 3 builds the issue of HDMI CEC is present, and i'm a little lost as to whether its something that can be addressed or something i would have to put up with? but with my zgemma I was able to control my zgemma purely with my Sony TV remote, I could control menu's, the coloured buttons work as they should and the menu and exit keys would work. However with the Maxytec none of these work, its like every single button just send OK to the box.

Can anyone offer any assistance with this?

thanks in advance

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Do you notice any difference in the handling between ATV and Pli/ViX?
    What have you done in menu/setup to enable it?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    All 3 builds are very smooth on the box, boot time, and any installs/upgrades are very quick.

The only issue i've found so far as far as build issue is when using OpenATV the language always defers to Dutch, so even though I have changed the language to English UK the language of the menu options revert to Dutch

On Vix i enabled HDMI CEC in the options Menu/Setup/HDMI CEC All 3 builds have exactly the same options for HDMI CEC (which are identical to what was on my ZGemma, which was running OpenPli, H.2S which was not supported by OpenVix)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Never played around with CEC so don‘t know if it will show anything, but turn on debug logs (menu/setup/system/logs/settings
    Turn on, put them somewhere other than flash, worth ticking in extensions (press blue button brings up log manager) and then reboot.
    ..... and see if anything shows in the debug log (log manager, red button, select log and view).

ATV have a lot more code in the image for CEC (but doesn‘t mean it gives you anything more) which is why I wondered if you saw anything different.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Debug log looks like i'm pressing the same key all the time, even when i'm pressing different ones. Nothing has changed from my TV side so can only be the new maxytec as it worked fine with the zgemma, also cannot imagine the hdmi cec driver being different from the maxytec to the zgemma?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    HDMI CEC is flaky at the best of times. The first thing you could try is to reset the HDMI CEC data/device list on the TV. Personally I haven't seen this working with an Enigma2 receiver and TV apart from power functions so you could have been lucky with the zgmemma.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    I had a similar problem not so long back.
    My Edision mini worked well with my Samsung tv, i too could get all functions working through HDMI CEC.

Then i bought a new Samsung tv, and even though the remote layout was the same i could not get some of the buttons to work through CEC.
    For example the program up/down would not scroll through bouquets in the channel selection screen.
    So i edited the keymap.xml to work with the working keys on the remote...so now i use the red/green button to scroll bouquets....this of course stops the original function of the red/green buttons in the channel selction screen.

But it was the best compromise i could come up with.

Its obviously something to do with compatibility between the reciever and the remote. It may be something you will have to live with.
    Last edited by kryton; 12-12-19 at 11:11.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm also having CEC issues on a Maxytec Multibox 4K, with OpenPLI 6.3. (and others)

With CEC enabled, the box has problems to go from standby to operating mode. I need to press the power button multiple times, to wake the box from standby.
    Interesting is, that on first press, the CEC equipment does turn on, only the box itself stays in standby.

Turning off the maxytec works fine, CEC equipment follows as it should.

Besides that, the volume +/- is not forwarding to my receiver. I tried a lot, from changing cables, to clearing CEC tables etc.
    In whatever image i tried (openatv, openpli, vix) it all turns out in the same result.

Meanwhile, the same images on my Xtrend ET7000 work fine, CEC all OK.

Any ideas ? It seems that the maxytec images will need some tinkering around CEC code to get this to work.