Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help understanding fallback tuners and client mode

FredC
    Thank Guys. Really usefull stuff. I'll give the importers a try tomorrow.

Title
    Thanks
    Does enabling fallback tuner affect previously scheduled recordings? Had a couple of failures this morning and that was the only thing I changed.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    The tuner is chosen on the fly. It is not pre-booked. So whatever the current settings are at the time of the recording will determine what tuner will be selected.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    By pure chance I found this post and luckly I cant get additional help.

* In my case I've got two locations (home A and home B).
    * In Home A I've got a dish pointed to Intelsat 27,5º for BBC satback. 1Gb/1Gb internet connectivity and Vu+ Uno 4k.
    * In Home B, my goal is to receive BBC channels from Intelsat 27,5º using the Home A dish. This is due to the lack of space for installing a proper dish in Home B. In this case, I've got a Vu+ zero 4k.

I know I can stream the content from Home A to Home B as if it was IPTV. This could be done using a VPN tunel connecting both homes or through internet. However, my point is to explore this options of "sharing a tuner" from Home A with Home B. I would like to know if this is a better off solution for my goal.

Any opinion?
    Thanks in advance!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by statequieta View Post
    By pure chance I found this post and luckly I cant get additional help.

* In my case I've got two locations (home A and home B).
    * In Home A I've got a dish pointed to Intelsat 27,5º for BBC satback. 1Gb/1Gb internet connectivity and Vu+ Uno 4k.
    * In Home B, my goal is to receive BBC channels from Intelsat 27,5º using the Home A dish. This is due to the lack of space for installing a proper dish in Home B. In this case, I've got a Vu+ zero 4k.

I know I can stream the content from Home A to Home B as if it was IPTV. This could be done using a VPN tunel connecting both homes or through internet. However, my point is to explore this options of "sharing a tuner" from Home A with Home B. I would like to know if this is a better off solution for my goal.

Any opinion?
    Thanks in advance!
    the benefit of 27.5W is all the services are on the same transponder, so as long as you can work out the connection side (I am not a network guy) it should work.
    In client server mode you specify the server IP address, so you need to be able to handle that.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by statequieta View Post
    What do you mean by "sharing a tuner"? All that happens is Box B sends an http request to stream from Box A. Box B has no knowledge of what resources are available on Box A, or which tuner will be used to receive. If no resource is available nothing will be streamed.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12