Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Configuring FBC tuner

Title
    Thanks

Configuring FBC tuner

Hi,
    I just got a VU Duo 4k and currently I have just one module with two inputs, on Tuner A I have a positioner setup for my motorised dish and on Tuner B I have a fixed dish on 28.2 in 'Advanced' mode.

If I am watching, say, 19.2 and go back to watch a channel on 28.2 say BBC1 my setup automatically selects tuner B. If I then record BBC1 and select a channel on another transponder, say, ITV1 it will move the dish and use tuner B. I can then record this and select another different channel (film4) and watch it. which is nice as I can use the capabilities of FBC. However, the behavior I want is to use all the available tuners on the fixed dish first and only moving the dish as a last resort.

I've tried a few options which look like they should work in Tuner and scanning / miscellaneous but none of them work. they are currently set to Preferred tuner=auto and Preferred tuner for recordings=auto.

How can I get the desired behavior?

Thanks,
    Dan

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts

Configuring FBC tuner

If you have a normal LNB, you configure an FBC tuner exactly as you would do with a conventional tuner.

With a non-unicable LNB hooked up to a tuner, the best option would have been Simple, single, 28.2.

6 of the leaf tuners will be in loop-through mode. They will not be independent. Your desired behaviour may not be possible depending on what you are recording/watching

If you don't want the motorised dish to go to 28.2, you have to use USALs selecting position. Do not enable 28.2. However, this will impact your recording capability.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    do you have an unicable LNB for 28.2E? Only with unicable you can make the most of FBC tuner.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    If you have a normal LNB, you configure an FBC tuner exactly as you would do with a conventional tuner.

With a non-unicable LNB hooked up to a tuner, the best option would have been Simple, single, 28.2.

6 of the leaf tuners will be in loop-through mode. They will not be independent. Your desired behaviour may not be possible depending on what you are recording/watching

If you don't want the motorised dish to go to 28.2, you have to use USALs selecting position. Do not enable 28.2. However, this will impact your recording capability.
    Thanks both. I don't have uni-cable LNB, just universal. I don't feel the need just yet as I don't want to record loads of things. It would just be nice to not have to wait for the dish to move and be able to watch and record on 28.2.

I have set the fixed to simple. I can;t figure out the motorised set up, this is currently on the settings in the picture.
    20191204_130841.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Change the mode. There will be another option mentioning "selecting position'

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Change the mode. There will be another option mentioning "selecting position'

Thanks. that is what I was looking for. so I think I have now caught up with the unicable point. I can now record 2 and watch one channel on 28.2 but as soon as I record one my other options are limited, not restricted to just the same transponder, but limited. Is this what you'd expect?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    yes. With normal feed and LNB and FBC you can watch/record up to 8 transponder at the same time but they must be in the same band like horz-low.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    A universal LNB switches mode. It will either operate in low or high mode. Then either vertical or horizontal. It can only ever be in one of the four modes at a time.

You current setup for 28.2 means you can only access one quadrant.

So saying two channels isn't right. One transponder isn't right either.

See how you get on with your viewing/recording needs. The receiver's basic/standard setting is to leave tuner with most positions free. If your configs were right initially, it needed the motor.

A unicable LNB doesn't switch modes, this is why it can be shared.

Title
    Thanks
    Gotcha. Thanks very much. This has been super helpful. I doubt I'll be able to resist getting a unicable LNB now.

Title
    Thanks
    I got over 30 recordings simultaneously using two signal wires from a universal LNB hooked up to both FBC connections.

The unicable option is the better option.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danped View Post
    Gotcha. Thanks very much. This has been super helpful. I doubt I'll be able to resist getting a unicable LNB now.
    The only way not allow recordings on 28.2E on tuner B is to deconfigure that tuner for 28.2E.

Easiest way to do that would be...

Tuner A (and tuners C-H linked to tuner A) fed from Unicable LNB from the static dish pointing at 28.2E,
    Tuner B motorised dish, configured for all orbital positions you want to receive, but not configured for 28.2E.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!