Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuner B on 28.2E no longer recognised VU Duo Open Vix 5.3.011

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psionguy View Post
    can you explain what you mean by zero stage?
    …………………………………...

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Disconnect all cables. Disable all tuners. (I am calling this zero stage)
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 01-12-19 at 16:15. Reason: Make response more precise

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (01-12-19)

Title
    Thanks
    test 1 is a fail.
    Test 2 is a fail
    Test 3 is a fail
    Test 4 is a fail

Zero stage implement and followed instruction to the letter, so must be tuner modual.
    Last edited by psionguy; 01-12-19 at 17:31.
    Samsung QE55 TV, Sony STN-DN1080 AV Amp, VU Duo2, fixed dish for Freesat, 1m motorised dish.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    test 1 is a fail.
    Test 2 is a fail
    Test 3 is a fail
    Test 4 is a fail

Zero stage implement and followed instruction to the letter, so must be tuner modual.
    Your previous post said test 3 worked. So it 's not worked on the last test you did. One other thing you can test is the PSU.

Title
    Thanks
    I can use the A tuner with B disabled for the time being, need to decide if try and repair or buy a new box,

Many thanks for trying to help with this issue, I do appreciate the time you have given. It is this great forum that keeps me with openvix.
    Samsung QE55 TV, Sony STN-DN1080 AV Amp, VU Duo2, fixed dish for Freesat, 1m motorised dish.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I can use the A tuner with B disabled for the time being
    How? You said it did not work. These were tests 1 and 3

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    How? You said it did not work. These were tests 1 and 3
    I have done more tests and have found that both cables need to be inserted in both A and B tuners for A to work. On the original test 28E did not work on the movable dish when tuner B was connected but did work on the other satellites, now it does not work at all. For me to get the use of the movable dish on tuner A I must have the fixed dish inserted in tuner B, disabled or enabled makes no difference.

A bit confusing I know, but that is the current situation, would be interested to find out if this issue has been reported by any other users?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    here my fixed is on A and rotor on B.No problems at all even in the box with 4 tuners . Only problem I had was after update some time ago I needed to change the cables and the config of tuner D because off problems cable D not working with old config disecq position satelites.Had to move 28.2 to disecq A instead off D.Strange because only on tuner 4 .
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bellejt For This Useful Post:

psionguy (04-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Never did resolve this issue, convinced it is a hardware problem, perhaps power supply which is often mentioned on the VU Duo 2. So I am now looking to get a new box, and see you are using the Octagon SF808 which is on my list as a potential replacement for my duo2. As you have both receivers would be interested to know your view of the Octagon versus the duo?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 883 Posts
    @psionguy - would you please start a new thread if you are looking for receiver recommendations. This thread references tuner problems and is over a year old.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    It was my thread and the problem is still there, bellejt was very helpful as he has a similar setup as me. I would have done a PM to him but suspect he would not remember this thread so this seemed a good way to make contact.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    think I replied to your mail
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12