Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Thinking about buying one.

Title
    Thanks

Thinking about buying one.

I've been looking at this for a little while, but there are not too many reviews to read, so I'm still in the dark a bit.

So, sorry to ask questions but I can't find the answers myself.

Functionally, is there much difference between the UE version and this one? It is cheaper, so what is lacking?

Mostly it's the PVR function I want, to replace the Sly box I have now before I cancel it, I love the idea of recording more than one channel at a time.

I need twin tuner because I have aSly disc and a motorised 1.1 m disc for foreign channels. I've established I watch mostly freesat channels anyway, which is lucky considering the alternatives seem to be not working anymore!

Is it worth getting the T2 tuner?

I was really hoping for a Black friday deal on this! ******* have it cheaper, but I'd prefer to buy it from the UK! Still hoping...

Any other information you can think of would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Archmage; 29-11-19 at 23:06.

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 473 Posts
    Hello, main differences are Quad 4K has larger front screen and HDMI IN, UHD UE has smaller front screens and only HDMI out.

T2 is useful if you would like Freeview HD on your PVR, so you could watch and record from both satellite and terrestrial.

Just added to our sale.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by world-of-satellite.co.uk View Post
    Hello, main differences are Quad 4K has larger front screen and HDMI IN, UHD UE has smaller front screens and only HDMI out.

T2 is useful if you would like Freeview HD on your PVR, so you could watch and record from both satellite and terrestrial.

Just added to our sale.
    Thanks! I will be ordering one tomorrow.

Sorry for all the questions, and the time I'm asking them! But I am really busy this time of year.

Do I need anything else to get it working to its full potential, do I need to upgrade my LNB's for example, or am I OK to connect my sly dish to one input and my motorised dish to the other?

What image do you recommend for this receiver?

What does the HDMI input do? Can I connect my Amazon Fire TV to it and simplify, or should I just keep using the TV input?

Thanks in advance.

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage View Post
    Thanks! I will be ordering one tomorrow.

Sorry for all the questions, and the time I'm asking them! But I am really busy this time of year.

Do I need anything else to get it working to its full potential, do I need to upgrade my LNB's for example, or am I OK to connect my sly dish to one input and my motorised dish to the other?

What image do you recommend for this receiver?

What does the HDMI input do? Can I connect my Amazon Fire TV to it and simplify, or should I just keep using the TV input?

Thanks in advance.
    You could upgrade the LNB on the Sky dish to a Unicable LNB, this would give you 7 tuners + the motorised dish on the other satellite input. You'd need to a universal LNB adapter for your dish, something we don't sell.

Image, OpenViX is our preference, but we're biased. Try images yourself and decide what you prefer.

You could connect the a device to the HDMI IN if needed, yes.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Title
    Thanks

I bought it!

Thanks for your help, I decided to go for the extra Single DVB-S/S2/S2X instead of the T2 in the end. I thought it would give me more options on recording.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Archmage For This Useful Post: