Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Can anyone help, ive lost some channels signals but others are ok

Title
    Thanks

Can anyone help, ive lost some channels signals but others are ok

Hi, i've been having a few problems of late concerning a few channels on 13e. The main one is canal+sport 2. canal+ sport works but not 2. I'll have signal at 70% snr and 100% quality according to signal finder but then it pixelises and drops out. Ive got a duo with disceq and have done all the usual things such as changing all the wires, even went and bought an ultra black lnb (which id wanted for a while anyway lol) and whilst its improved the quality its still dropping out. Other channels on the canal+ are working perfectly. There are other channels dropping out as well. I thought it may be down to the weather but this has been ongoing for 3 weeks now. Can anyone help please?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Diseqc switch OK?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Diseqc switch OK?
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, switch seems fine, it locks onto all the other satellites ok and even on 13e i can get most channels easily. I thought it was the HDD then the wire then finally the lnb. Changed them all, the lnb has gone from a darkgold to a black ultra which has improved my signal. im getting over 70% on all of them with signal quality being 100%, up 30% on the darkgold but still getting the same thing. It sort of pixelises at the bottom of the screen then loses signal altogether then comes back on a little while later. Only certain channels though. The only thing i havent changed is the actual dish but id have thought if that was gone that i'd get no channels?

Title
    Thanks
    Quick update, ive changed all the cables again, bought a supreme intelligent dark motor, new lnb which was a darkgold that came with it and the ultra black i already had just bought and for some reason i still cant get a good signal on some channels. Obviously had to redo putting the satellite dish and motor up, positive its straight. Good signal on every satellite from 30w to 28e that i could always get. Currently checking and just as an example canal sport 1 71% snr, 100% agc, canal+ sport 2 pixelates and says tuner failed then comes back in every few seconds at 69% snr and 100% agc but keeps losing lock.

The above is an example but loads of other channels do this, just check and novella tv which is on 11662 v 26500 3/4 does the same, cana.l sport 2 is 11448 h 26500 3/4. Others on 7/8 and higher or lower in frequency do the same. Does anyone have any idea what else it could be? Im using a vu+ duo original so its fairly old but i find it odd that theres only a few signal problems. Any help is much appreciated as ive spent quite a bit to sort this out with nothing to show for it