Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Sporadic tune failed

Title
    Thanks

Sporadic tune failed

Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of help.

My set up is a Vu solo2 with a motorised dish on one tuner and a fixed sky minidish on the other. For the past 4/5 months I have had a "Tune failed" sporadically happen. It can do so for 20 minutes and then come back on or if I change channel and change back it can kick it into action. Usually it happens at night time (21:00 - 22:30)

I know for sure it only happens on the fixed dish connection and it doesn't start working by switching the feed to the other dish. The signal is good: (SNR: 97%/AGC: 82%) and there is nothing like a tree waving around blocking the signal.

I realise it seems like a dodgy connection but I have checked that a few times too, plus it happens on both cables (I have two cables running from the fixed dish but only use one of them)

Is there anything which might cause this scenario or anything else I can investigate to establish the cause?

Thanks,
    Dan

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The signal is good: (SNR: 97%/AGC: 82%) and there is nothing like a tree waving around blocking the signal.
    People make statements like this all the time. It really does not mean anything concrete. You can have splendid reception on many transponders and on some you cannot. Alignment/skew or LNB fault.

Are any other receivers/devices connected to the LNB?
    If you perform a manual scan, complete, single satellite, no to network scan, how many services do you get?
    Were is the motorised dish in relation to the minidish?

Title
    Thanks
    Is it specific services on which you get tune failed or any service?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies.

The signal is good: (SNR: 97%/AGC: 82%) and there is nothing like a tree waving around blocking the signal.
    Ok, I though it was relevant but if not please ignore.

Are any other receivers/devices connected to the LNB? - Yes I do have a Vu Duo connected to another cable from that LNB.
    If you perform a manual scan, complete, single satellite, no to network scan, how many services do you get? - 743 channels
    Were is the motorised dish in relation to the minidish? Its about 6m away on the side elevation of the house. The minidish is on the front elevation.

Is it specific services on which you get tune failed or any service? - Usually I notice it on BBC1 HD & BBC2 HD as that is what I am watching, I can't say I have tested many other channels but it definitely also affect Channel 4 HD.

Title
    Thanks
    I think you have a faulty LNB otherwise alignment or skew issue. You should be getting over 950 channels.

if you disconnect LNB from Duo and the other one works fine, definitely LNB fault.

When mentioning signal values, best to refer to the transponders you are checking.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks. I'll investigate further and post what I find.