Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Advice Reqd - Multi room from Gigablue uhd ue 4k

Title
    Thanks

Advice Reqd - Multi room from Gigablue uhd ue 4k

I have a Gigablue UHD UE 4k running in my lounge and is mainly used to watch German FTA on Astra 19.2

The good lady wife wants to be able to watch this from another room.

I am going to have to use the client / multi room facilities of the Gigablue as there is no satellite cabling available. Happy to connect over wifi or Power Line LAN

Is it worth seeking out a Gigablue X1 or X2, which seem pretty rare from a quick Google,

Or is there any other box that people would recommend to run as the client?

Don't really want to go over £100 or to high spec

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    As long as have you all the bouquets on the main box GigaUE 4K then use C/S (client server mode) in OpenViX (menu/Setup/tuner setup) on a client receiver e.g. Vu+ Zero or Zgemma i55plus .(no tuners needed)
    At boot automatically picks up bouquets and EPG and your wife can watch 19.2E without issues.

No need for multiroom
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

CRUMBLIN (25-11-19)

Title
    Thanks
    In the end I have bought a zgemma h9s se, mainly as it took me that long to get round to it.

It has set up fine, the box picked up the bouquets off the Gigablue no problem at all

If we have any experts who use client mode, is there anything else I should do or need to do?

I know its a fairly open question, but is there anything I should be aware of or should set up now to save problems further down the line?

Only specific question I have now, is there any point installing a HDD in the client or using a spare USB stick for anything?

Title
    Thanks
    Correction *adding a USB HDD*

Title
    Thanks
    The other option is to use a firestick, android box etc and use Kodi