Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Lovely O2 mobile web!!! lol

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts

Lovely O2 mobile web!!! lol

FFS!!! Hehe.

Just tried accessing my email on my phone, and nothing coming up. So, I have a quick search on the net, and cannot see anything. So, I go to the app on my sim card which says the "Get settings" option, and it comes back with "Unable to process, contact customer services" message (well, not those exact words ). So, I phone them up, and get told that the whole country is down for web access with O2 today at the mo, and they have no time scale as to how long it will take!

Fed up, as I use this quite a lot for work...

Good job I'm thinking of changing providers as contract has almost come to an end. So, I will take great pleasure in asking for my pac code soon...

Decisions though, where should I move to? Want a sim only option really, and only need about 300 sms and 300 mins, with as much web as possible...

Now, choices are limited to GiffGaff, £10 a month goodybag. This gives me (currently) 250 mins, unlimited sms and unlimited web (although I guess it's probably down for them also, as they piggy back off o2). Next option is Three at £10 a month for 12 month contract. With them I'd get unlimited internet, 300 mins and 3000 sms, or T-Mobile, but I only get 100 mins, 100 sms and I believe their web is no a 500mb fair usage. But, I wouldn't go over that too much I don't think, and if you do, they just give you nagging screens from what I can tell?! Also, I like the benefit that if I cannot get a t-mobile signal, I can use orange ... but, how well does that work in reality? If I get poor signal with t-mobile (e.g. 2 bars Edge), can I use orange network if they give me 4 bars hspda?! Although I could probably do with better mins/sms, although I might've found a half decent cashback offer with t-mobile...

Decisions, decisions...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

jjp2701
    3g m8 they throw minutes txts and internet at you,

i am with 02 just been on the fone to them, my fone keeps dropping calls, been doing this for months, had 2 different types of fones of them, and 2 different sim cards, pay monthly, and still got a year left, i hate o2 the worst company ever, when mine runs out, its between the 3 network, or vodafone m8

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jjp2701 For This Useful Post:

pooface (09-02-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Your o2 problem must be local to you as mine is fine, three are good but lets just hope you dont have to use there customer services as they are a nightmare

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jcm193 For This Useful Post:

pooface (09-02-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jcm193 View Post
    Your o2 problem must be local to you as mine is fine, three are good but lets just hope you dont have to use there customer services as they are a nightmare
    It's back up working now...

When I phoned up this morning, they told me that it'd only been told to them at 9:08 this morning (or sometime like that), and it's affecting the whole country...

But, as I said, working now
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjp2701 View Post
    3g m8 they throw minutes txts and internet at you,

i am with 02 just been on the fone to them, my fone keeps dropping calls, been doing this for months, had 2 different types of fones of them, and 2 different sim cards, pay monthly, and still got a year left, i hate o2 the worst company ever, when mine runs out, its between the 3 network, or vodafone m8
    Hmmm, not sure what three's reception is like round here though. Will have to see if I have a decent connection with some free payg sims if I can find them
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    Thanks
    im on GG and its pretty impressive

they just dont piggy back off o2, they are o2! so have all the same coverage as them
    Vu+ Duo & 1TB Samsung EcoGreen HDD, TM-2600 Motor, Fracarro Penta 85, Inverto Black Ultra Twin LNB

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigup7 View Post
    im on GG and its pretty impressive

they just dont piggy back off o2, they are o2! so have all the same coverage as them
    What's to say though, that they will keep the mins and texts as they are? Don't really want them to turn round and say "right now, we only give you 100 mins, 100 texts and 200mb for £10, if you want what you had before, you need to pay £15"... At least if I get a 12 or 18 month contract that says I get 300 mins, 300 texts, 1gb internet etc, I know that I will have that much for the lifetime of contract. If they break it, then I can quit contract and move on, but they're less likely to break it if they'll loose a contract...
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    o2 are renowned for having nationwide outages on there net work LOL
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    ive got the iphone 4 with o2 and its renowned to have poor reception, but i have never had a problem considering the amount of people that have complained about the phone and the network but im in east mids and its been awsome, even when i made it to the base of mount snowdon lol i had 1 bar wooot wooot lol

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    ive got the iphone 4 with o2 and its renowned to have poor reception, but i have never had a problem considering the amount of people that have complained about the phone and the network but im in east mids and its been awsome, even when i made it to the base of mount snowdon lol i had 1 bar wooot wooot lol
    i have an iphone4, was with o2 for 11 years lol, just moved to GG as it works out cheaper for me

if GG end up giving less mins/data,. just request the PAC and move to another network, simples
    Vu+ Duo & 1TB Samsung EcoGreen HDD, TM-2600 Motor, Fracarro Penta 85, Inverto Black Ultra Twin LNB

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    yeh only downside with o2 and iphone 4 is the dam contracts are expensive but i found out after 9 months you can downgrade your contract wo0ot wo0ot imma definately be doing that because i dont even use 900 minutes lol