Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: wont fast forward or rewind anything

Title
    Thanks

wont fast forward or rewind anything

when I view a recording on Vix image 5.3.010 it keeps going back to the beginning ive tried changing all the settings but nothing works. I love vix but this issue is annoying. can anyone help please tried all the key forward and rewing using the numbers also.
    thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Internal hdd or external hdd are they setup as ext4.I use my numbers 1,4.7 and 3,6,9 for forward and backward

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by degsy1969 View Post
    when I view a recording on Vix image 5.3.010 it keeps going back to the beginning
    Do you mean that it never really starts - just sits on frame 1?

Perhaps the remote has a stuck key?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    when I view a recording on Vix image 5.3.010 it keeps going back to the beginning ive tried changing all the settings but nothing works. I love vix but this issue is annoying. can anyone help please tried all the key forward and rewing using the numbers also.
    thanks
    When in timeshift mode (delayed live TV) and the information in the timeshift buffer spans a program change OpenVix has a nasty habit when at the end of a program it will immediately jump back to the start of the program you have just watched rather than just carrying on over the program change boundary with the same delay.

To get over this boundary you can press the > for forward and < for back keys which on many remotes are just below the 7 and 9 keys (the > and < next may be labelled next and back/prev)

If the box has taken you back to the start you may have to press > twice, Once to get you to the end of the program you have just watched and again to get over the boundary. Press once too often and you may get to the end of the timeshift buffer and back into live TV – in which case press pause and rewind back.

I believe this behaviour to be a bug which has been in there for the many years that I’ve been using OpenVix. I can understand why pressing > or < gets quickly to any markers in a recording (or in the timeshift buffer which is effectively another recording) but I cannot see why this loopback behaviour is deemed to be an acceptable , and a design aim, when watching delayed live TV.

Or did you really mean that you cannot fast forward/back or jump theough a timeshift or recording at all?
    Last edited by adm; 16-11-19 at 08:51.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks

wont fast forward or rewind

Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    Internal hdd or external hdd are they setup as ext4.I use my numbers 1,4.7 and 3,6,9 for forward and backward
    the box plays and pauses fine but ive tried every possible way to make it go forward and back but just goes back to the beginning and starts to play again. its got an internal hard drive. its doing my head in.
    thanks

Title
    Thanks
    the box plays and pauses fine but ive tried every possible way to make it go forward and back but just goes back to the beginning and starts to play again. its got an internal hard drive. its doing my head in.
    thanks
    This is always the case on recorded programs or streaming using e2i player

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I thought e2i player wasn't available anymore?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thanks
    This is always the case on recorded programs or streaming using e2i player
    Repost as the orginal appears to have gone missing.

Have these functions on the box worked before or is it just as a result of changing an image? Note: I'm also using 5.3.010 and do not see the same probles with this image.

If a result of upgrading to 5.3.010 try putting the box into deep standby and then switching off from the mains for a couple of minutes to allow internal power supply voltages to discharge. Swiching on at the mans again will give the box a cold boot which may not happen if you only put the box into standby and the software has crashed in some way.

With reference ro post #4 there are buttons on the remote that may be labelled < and > (not the ones in the up/down/left/right cluster) that take you directly to embedded markers in the timeshift buffer or recording. There will be a marker at the program start and program end.

Are you incorrectly using the < button for fast rewind rather than the buttons elesewhere on the remote for the fast rewind function?

If you suspect your physical remote control see if the virtual remote in the web interface has the same result. In your PCs internet browser address bar type in the IP of your box (menu -> information -> network -> IP). In the web interface that appears and down the left hand side will be either a menu item for the remote or a picture of a remote (you may have to expand a remote with a limited number of button to get an image of the full remote). This is a fully working remote control and clicking on any button vshould hae the same effect as pressing the key on a physical remote control.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (18-11-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Did this problem get solved as I am currently suffering the same issues on some, not all, recordings?

Thx

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi guys I have this problem too on a Zero and also on a Solo2. I think the ffd rwd got broken on an update. I think i have seen couple of mentions of this in the release notes. Restore back to 5.3.001 will fix it. Not sure where it actually went wrong but would be good to get sorted in latest version.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    My wife (a much better test of the system than me) uses the number keys all the time without issues on (Giga4K) recordings (or I would really know about it), so this is not a generic issue on the image.
    Maybe enabling debug logs and posting a log here would show something.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    My wife (a much better test of the system than me) uses the number keys all the time without issues....
    But those are for skipping, not FFwd.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

14. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

twol (06-01-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    But those are for skipping, not FFwd.
    Yes, you are correct - mis read - will go and check what happens!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    OK FFwd/Rwd works fine for me ... but not something I will show my wife.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    ff/rewind only works for recording DVB-S/C/T and very seldom/never for other file types. If you record IPTV this will often fail. What did you record?

I just checked on my Solo2 and everything incl. tricks like slow motion is working.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard