Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cannot flash new firmware 4K solo

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,142 Times in 6,220 Posts
    If you look at my signature, there is a link to Linux command. there is one where you can flash. try that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bazzerkap (29-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Solo 4K box

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    You also won't be able to restore 4.1 settings, see this thread for advice.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post452828

Title
    Thanks
    Thnaks but it's a bit too deep for me really. I have not used this box very often and only now do I want to seriously use it with a cccam. So I don't really mind resetting it to defaults if that is simpler and setting it all up again from scratch. Is there any way to do this easily? As I am not a very savvy dabbler. :-) Cheers.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Resetting doesn’t do anything, you need to usb flash the latest ViX image. Guide can be found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/g...ashing-guides/
    Latest image can be found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/d...ges/vu-solo4k/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

bazzerkap (29-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 2,242 Posts
    You can try this!!
    copy the rootfs.tar.bz2 and kernel_auto.bin files to /tmp (filezilla)
    in telnet (Putty) login (root, no password)
    and enter ofgwrite -r -k /tmp (spaces between each keyword) so spave between -r and -k and /tmp
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

9. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

bazzerkap (29-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Andy. That is what I did in the first place. No matter how many times and USB sticks I tried it just would not flash. Just kept booting into my present system.

Not sure I follow Twol's suggestion, as I said I am not really very experienced in these sort things. eg; Never heard of 'Putty' whatever that means :-) Nevertheless will mess about with it, maybe be tomorrow now and see what I can wreck. :-) Thanks for your advice.

Title
    Thanks
    You know, all this seems to point to a faulty receiver doesn't it? It should not have to be so difficult just to flash an image. Maybe the 'boot manager' or whatever it is called on the machine is at fault? I know not a lot about these things but if the layman (like me!) cannot flash the box using the documented conventional methods maybe there is something wrong. It crossed my mind to try with another system image (like Blackhole) as I am not bothered about losing settings. Then if that worked, try reflashing again back to OpenVix. Yes? No? As I really am not confident about doing some of these tricky solutions. Cheers.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzerkap View Post
    You know, all this seems to point to a faulty receiver doesn't it? It should not have to be so difficult just to flash an image. Maybe the 'boot manager' or whatever it is called on the machine is at fault? I know not a lot about these things but if the layman (like me!) cannot flash the box using the documented conventional methods maybe there is something wrong. It crossed my mind to try with another system image (like Blackhole) as I am not bothered about losing settings. Then if that worked, try reflashing again back to OpenVix. Yes? No? As I really am not confident about doing some of these tricky solutions. Cheers.
    Faulty receiver - Very unlikely. Many of these boxes are very sensitive to the usb stick used, so its often better to use an old stick with limited memory - but that's why its better to flash with ImageManager.
    I hate flashing with usb and if it works you protect that usb stick and treat it like gold dust!

What I suggested in post #21 is actually very easy to do ...... just install filezilla and putty on your PC and as long as you know the boxes IP address its quite easy.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

13. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

bazzerkap (30-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    I had ago but got stuck as expected. :-) I downloaded and installed 'Putty'. Copied the two files as directed using Filezilla. Then opened Putty and chose telnet and entered the IP address. I then entered the line you gave me and it came back with 'please enter USR and pass'. I cannot find anywhere in Putty to enter this. Cheers.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,142 Times in 6,220 Posts
    Are you following this thread? https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...Linux-commands

There are pictures included to show yo what to do. If you are still experiencing problems, show a picture of what you are seeing

16. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bazzerkap (30-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    It should come up with login and then enter “root“ (the userid)- there is no password (its blank)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

18. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

bazzerkap (30-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Brilliant! It worked the second time. Did nothing different as far as could see but this time it requested the USR name which I entered 'root' and it then showed the 4Ksolo prompt, to which I entered the line you gave me. It then sprung into action and it flashed OK. So I will spend the next few weeks setting it up properly. I have a motorised dish and can pull in most Sats between 30W and 45E. I also want to install cccam as I have a subscription, but just briefly checking the plug-ins download it only lists three OSCAM plug-ins. Anyway that's for later. Can't thank you all enough for clearing this up. Cheers.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzerkap View Post
    Brilliant! It worked the second time. Did nothing different as far as could see but this time it requested the USR name which I entered 'root' and it then showed the 4Ksolo prompt, to which I entered the line you gave me. It then sprung into action and it flashed OK. So I will spend the next few weeks setting it up properly. I have a motorised dish and can pull in most Sats between 30W and 45E. I also want to install cccam as I have a subscription, but just briefly checking the plug-ins download it only lists three OSCAM plug-ins. Anyway that's for later. Can't thank you all enough for clearing this up. Cheers.
    Great! - everything seems difficult 1st time around. Wish you al the best with new image ...... but use ImageManager to change, but easier ....and also your settings with BackupManager
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

21. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

bazzerkap (30-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    I have the same problem,very frustrating.
    I have just bought a vu+uno4kse and have the same problem.
    I managed to flash vti image so easy on the first attempt but am now unable to flash any other images.
    I have tried different usb sticks even downloaded on different computers but all failed.
    Any help would be appreciated please.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast