Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help newbie H9 TWIN

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    stylobic

help newbie H9 TWIN

Hello,

This is my 1st post, I got a brand new H9 twin and trying to use FRANSAT CAM CI+

It was delivered with OPENATV 6.3 but as I understand, CIPLUSHELPER is not included in OPENATV SW since end of 2018 for legal stuff.
    I tried to install this plugin from USB stick but got an error, so maybe someone could help to either to install a different SW like VIX or give the procedure to install this plugin.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    As far as I can see (haven‘t loaded up an ATV image - so just from reading the forum post) its in the feeds and downloadable
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

stylobic
    If you're talking about CI+helper, then yes it is downloadable, but I get an error when trying to install. Is there any other software that could include this function ? vix ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    … there's no CI+ on ViX.

stylobic
    all right, any advise ?

Title
    Thanks
    Report it on OpenATV forum ... its their issue
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

stylobic
    I could do this,but any other software that could let me use receiver CI with CI+ 1.3 standard ?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stylobic View Post
    I could do this,but any other software that could let me use receiver CI with CI+ 1.3 standard ?
    Not that I am aware of ... post on their English thread (they are currently running a 6.4 ß - But don‘t know if they have a build for your receiver)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Can be installed on any software. I've checked it out. Simply on many images this need to do forcibly.

stylobic
    thx for info

stylobic
    I could get it to work, finally. But strange, after I did install ciplushelp plugin, it does not appear nowhere in the plugin list, but it works.
    Still trying to understand the basics of this receiver, but hard to guess. I had no user manual included, so if someone can provide it he will be more than welcome !

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    I could get it to work, finally. But strange, after I did install ciplushelp plugin, it does not appear nowhere in the plugin list, but it works.
    Still trying to understand the basics of this receiver, but hard to guess. I had no user manual included, so if someone can provide it he will be more than welcome !
    A user manual is of no use when using 3rd party firmware such as OpenATV. Manufacturers of E2 boxes rarely provide manuals due to this.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Vix does have a 100+ pages pdf manual.
    Just google with keywords: vix manual pdf
    and you should find the link to it.
    Even if you use other image, I think many things are set up in a similar way so the manual could still be useful for beginners.

Also you could download the Vix image and install it into your box, using the multiboot feature.
    To do this, first download the latest OpenVix image for your tuner and put it on a fat32 formatted usb stick.
    (currently this is openvix-5.3.009.release-zgemmah9twin_mmc.zip, google "vix image zgemma h9 twin" and you will find a link)
    Restart your box while pushing and holding the powerbutton on your remote, until the display shows red "rCUY".
    You will then see the boot menu to select which image to boot, at the bottom of the menu select "Bootmenu" for setup.
    Insert the USB stick into the usb port, there is one behing the cardreader cover at the front.
    Now, select local image, and you should see your usb stick listed at the next page.
    Select and open the usb to find the openvix-5.3.009.release-zgemmah9twin_mmc.zip file.
    Now you must select which slot to install the image.
    If you only have one image in your box already, then select the second slot. Note that if you select a slot which already have an image installed, this will be overwritten.
    Now the flashing will start, just wait for this to finish.
    The new image should now be listed at the main menu, select it to boot it.

stylobic
    I dn't need info related to the software of course, but more of the hardware. i have no clue which LNB IN is A or B, which CAM clot is 1 or 2, how to make a scan whith hundred different parameters... when you are beginner it could help a lot and avoid loss of time searching, trying.

stylobic
    Thx for the help, as you should know, due to Eutelsat change, I can't receive my provider anymore. I will sell this receiver as I switched to IPTV, there's no other solution for me, leaving abroad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast