Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Technomate TM2T-OE unreliable with OpenVIX 5.1.031

Title
    Thanks

Angry Technomate TM2T-OE unreliable with OpenVIX 5.1.031

Hi all
    I have a Technomate TM-2T-OE, which worked reliably with a dish/dual LNB aimed at Astra 2x/Eurobird until I updated an early (2014) version of OpenVIX to the more recent 5.1.031 (OE-Alliance 4.1; Firmware version OpenViX 5.1.031 (2018-07-11); Kernel/Drivers: 3.9.7/20170524). This was done because the older firmware was no longer supported with plugins, updates, etc. The result now so unreliable that I am tempted to tear the box from its cables and hurl it against the wall. Randomly, it will stop responding (the VIX logo revolves onscreen ad infinitum) although sound and vision from the currently-selected channel continue. Recordings are lost, the web interface/local controls are inactive and the box's hard drive is no longer accessible via SMB over the network. In other words, it's a downgrade as far as I'm concerned. Before I take out my frustration physically on the unit, what can I try? I'd like to install an older version of OpenVIX, but for some stupid reason only the more recent ones seem to be available - and there's no obvious archive (I'm happy to be corrected, though!) The TM-2T-OE is an older box, and might be struggling to cope with newer firmware (in the way an older PC might struggle with a later version of Windows or Linux). I have tried reflashing the box, with and without restoring settings I had backed up on a previous occasion.
    If I can find older versions of OpenVIX, which is considered to be the most reliable for the Technomate TM-2T-OE?
    Ta
    Martin

Title
    Thanks
    Sometimes - as in the most recent crash - one of the last recordings didn't stop at the end of the scheduled programme (a reboot reveals a 12GB file - it should have been less than 2GB)
    M

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Not accessible on network maybe because Samba is not installed.

I would flash OpenATV. I can't remember if it had a small amount of RAM. If so, add and activate a swap file.

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post

I would flash OpenATV. I can't remember if it had a small amount of RAM. If so, add and activate a swap file.
    Yeah, swap file always came in handy with mine.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post

Many thanks for the reply
    Samba is installed - how do you think I was able to access recordings over the network?
    Do you mean activate a swapfile under OpenVIX, or reflash the box with OpenATV and use a swapfile with that?
    Note: I use the HDD (rather than flash) to store EPG data.
    The Technomate TM2T-OE has 384MB of RAM and 1GB of flash memory.
    Ta
    Martin

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueStig View Post
    Many thanks for the reply
    Samba is installed - how do you think I was able to access recordings over the network?
    Do you mean activate a swapfile under OpenVIX, or reflash the box with OpenATV and use a swapfile with that?
    Note: I use the HDD (rather than flash) to store EPG data.
    The Technomate TM2T-OE has 384MB of RAM and 1GB of flash memory.
    Ta
    Martin
    This piece of cr*p is still giving me problems. As I said before, older versions didn't. Can someone please explain to me why the geniuses don't make older versions available in an archive? That seems like common sense to me. M

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    For anyone else reading this thread, I've always taken image backups of new versions of ViX (when they're working ok), and keep them safe.
    This means I can revert back to (any) earlier version should the need arise.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueStig View Post
    This piece of cr*p is still giving me problems. As I said before, older versions didn't. Can someone please explain to me why the geniuses don't make older versions available in an archive? That seems like common sense to me. M
    The epg data is copied to flash at startup I believe. Anyway I guess the reason older versions are not made available is because they take up storage and that storage has to be paid for.

Your tone throughout this thread is not conducive to getting help. Remember the "geniuses" you refer to do this without payment in their own time. You are of course free to build your own image!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    If the box is a TM-2T why haven't you tried the last version 5.1.033 (I am assuming its not a TM twin OE??)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Even if the old images were available, the feeds server may not be. We do not pre-install samba

The Technomate receivers using 7335 SOC had issues which were resolved later on. I cant remember when though. OpenATV still support those receivers and I would use ATV or build own ViX image