Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plugins Repository / e2iplayer

Title
    Thanks

Question Plugins Repository / e2iplayer

Hi folks,

I'm really impressed what a bunch of enthusiastic programmers can achieve to make life great even if it seems impossible

One such thing I quickly adopted was the IPTVplayer that later changed to e2iplayer. Another is "Serienrecorder" that was available some time ago, then went away and is now again part of the plugins repository. I must confess that I do not know the magic that is necessary to make this happen in a pretty easy way to most of us non-geeks but I do understand that it's pretty complicated to make things "look easy" and it's a continous effort to keep things "as is" i.e. adapting them to the steady changes in the world to "look" stable.

I recently learned that e2iplayer has gone "private" and does not receive any more updates, although there is a version from May/19 on the repository. There is a bunch of spin offs that try to compensate this and if you google enough I find a couple of instructions to get one of these running on some certain box that most likely will fail on that you aown.

That makes me wonder how the decisions are made to put this or that extension into the repository list and if there are any plans to either replace the (now dead) e2iplayer project from samsamsam with one of the more active spin offs from Maxbambi, zadmario or mosz_nowy and/or make "e2istream" available that is told to be a replacement. I guess there is something like a "detailled examination" and at least someone who adoptd the project and makes sure it fits snuggly into the image.

Is there some open discussion where I can get some insights on that? Putting the relevant keywords into the search does not list much useful information about that and I get the impression I could get excommunicated just for asking a banned question.

So please don't shoot me at first sight. I try to be one of the good guys.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smallfrak View Post
    Hi folks,

I'm really impressed what a bunch of enthusiastic programmers can achieve to make life great even if it seems impossible

One such thing I quickly adopted was the IPTVplayer that later changed to e2iplayer. Another is "Serienrecorder" that was available some time ago, then went away and is now again part of the plugins repository. I must confess that I do not know the magic that is necessary to make this happen in a pretty easy way to most of us non-geeks but I do understand that it's pretty complicated to make things "look easy" and it's a continous effort to keep things "as is" i.e. adapting them to the steady changes in the world to "look" stable.

I recently learned that e2iplayer has gone "private" and does not receive any more updates, although there is a version from May/19 on the repository. There is a bunch of spin offs that try to compensate this and if you google enough I find a couple of instructions to get one of these running on some certain box that most likely will fail on that you aown.

That makes me wonder how the decisions are made to put this or that extension into the repository list and if there are any plans to either replace the (now dead) e2iplayer project from samsamsam with one of the more active spin offs from Maxbambi, zadmario or mosz_nowy and/or make "e2istream" available that is told to be a replacement. I guess there is something like a "detailled examination" and at least someone who adoptd the project and makes sure it fits snuggly into the image.

Is there some open discussion where I can get some insights on that? Putting the relevant keywords into the search does not list much useful information about that and I get the impression I could get excommunicated just for asking a banned question.

So please don't shoot me at first sight. I try to be one of the good guys.

I've just tried E2iplayer & mine does not work been great for ages & thx to those who gave this.
    I don't know if this comes back but the E2iplayer was amazing,fingers crossed we see it working again.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spider123 View Post
    I've just tried E2iplayer & mine does not work been great for ages & thx to those who gave this.
    I don't know if this comes back but the E2iplayer was amazing,fingers crossed we see it working again.
    The author has made this private so no chance of being available again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

spider123 (12-02-20)

Title
    Thanks
    E2iStream is available from various sources and is regularly updated. Seems virtually identical to E2iPlayer to me.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spanner123 For This Useful Post:

johnrichard (17-02-20),spider123 (12-02-20)

Title
    Thanks
    have E2iplayer now as E2istream here always on and updated from other source then original maker.Works pretty fine.Even get a mail when update is possible. Link not allowed here.
    Last edited by bellejt; 12-02-20 at 14:43.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bellejt For This Useful Post:

spider123 (12-02-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Maybe someone has cloned it?

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    probably but why bother ? It works fine and is renewed regularly.Findable on satuniverse . Original owner was promissing to everybody that came on his FB site that he would continue to give updates .Never had any response there.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post

Thank you Andy @ least we know what's happened being now private.
    Are there any other app's like E2iplayer that work?.

Title
    Thanks
    E2istream = the same app

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    E2istream = the same app
    Isn't that just the information with what I started this thread four months ago?

I still wonder what process does place one extension into the "official plugins" list and another one not.

I believe there must be a good reason to keep the old, outdated and unsupported e2iplayer as listed Add-In, but a seemingly working and active alternative is obviously banned with a secrecy spell.

Is this some kind of concurrency problem with an antanogised faction?

I didn't expect that it takes so long to get a reply to this question. Who knows, maybe some day someone might even know an answer.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    There is no logic or decision process as to what is put on the feeds.

Once someone adds something, it becomes difficult to remove it.

We upset one of the other teams member and channel list uploader because some people said it wouldn't be a good idea to upload links to movies on feeds server. The other team member now uploads them and the channel list creator does not post here any more.

IMO E2Iplayer should be removed. If I do it, I'll get jumped on.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Hmmm. Then there is no defined place where I can opt for an addition or change. That makes things a little erratic when guessing how the development proces will go. And yet it works out somehow.

I think about the miracles that could happen if the geeks would work together in a defined procedure.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Just spit out what you want to happen instead of asking how it works. Once your objective is explained, process can be explained.

Title
    Thanks
    Well it should be obvious. But here is my prayer, in hope it will be brought forward to anyone who might be in charge for it:

Dear Developers,

please replace the outdated and dysfunctional e2iplayer in the plugins repository with a working and actively supported version of e2istream - which seems to be available
    please keep the system from permanently fragmenting free memory so that "helpers" like automatic cache clearing are no more necessary to keep the box from stuttering and freezing
    please send a new season of GOT, because the last one ended "a bit" dissatisfying
    please tell me the numbers of the upcomming lottery drawing in advance

or maybe some of it, as far as possible

amen.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to smallfrak For This Useful Post:

trevsat (05-03-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post

Once someone adds something, it becomes difficult to remove it.

We upset one of the other teams member and channel list uploader because some people said it wouldn't be a good idea to upload links to movies on feeds server. The other team member now uploads them and the channel list creator does not post here any more.

Pointless keeping this version of E2iplayer (which doesn’t work) in the feeds, just delete it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast