Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: AAC-LC audio synchronisation problem on playback

Title
    Thanks

AAC-LC audio synchronisation problem on playback

I've tried AAC downmix, general AC3 delay (I don't think this should make any difference, but tried it anyway), general PCM delay, but nothing seems to make any difference. Playback of a recording with AAC has the audio leading the video by a significant gap. Playback of recordings with MP2 audio is fine.
    The Technomate-Nano-SE M2 Plus is playing back from a server on the local network (same problem whether playing back via DreamPleax plugin or direct through autofs mapped drive).
    The STB is connected directly to the TV via HDMI

Title
    Thanks
    I have a similar setup with my TM Nano se but am not experiencing these problems either in downmix or passthrough. Could be a plugin or flash memory is almost full. Assuming you have already tried a factory reset, try installing the cache flush plugin.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonib View Post
    I have a similar setup with my TM Nano se but am not experiencing these problems either in downmix or passthrough. Could be a plugin or flash memory is almost full. Assuming you have already tried a factory reset, try installing the cache flush plugin.
    Thanks for replying jonib, & giving me the confidence that this is something that works for someone, so must be solvable.

I haven't tried a factory reset. TBH, it took me such a long time to get everything configured, I was fighting shy of doing that (I'm not convinced I could repeat the process without missing something). However, I will give it a go. Maybe try the cache flush plugin first - it sounds less scary.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by velcro View Post
    Thanks for replying jonib, & giving me the confidence that this is something that works for someone, so must be solvable.

I haven't tried a factory reset. TBH, it took me such a long time to get everything configured, I was fighting shy of doing that (I'm not convinced I could repeat the process without missing something). However, I will give it a go. Maybe try the cache flush plugin first - it sounds less scary.
    Just remember to back up your system on a USB stick first. SO press MENU, then select VIX, then select Back up Manager and save your settings. Make sure it saves to your USB drive and not the internal flash, or you will lose your settings after a factory reset.

After the reset, don't install the backup just yet, as you are likely to simply reinstall the problems. Try basically setting up your system and then see if it can play the file OK after this. If so, it is something to do with you settings or plugins.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonib View Post
    Just remember to back up your system on a USB stick first. SO press MENU, then select VIX, then select Back up Manager and save your settings. Make sure it saves to your USB drive and not the internal flash, or you will lose your settings after a factory reset.

After the reset, don't install the backup just yet, as you are likely to simply reinstall the problems. Try basically setting up your system and then see if it can play the file OK after this. If so, it is something to do with you settings or plugins.
    Hi Jonib.

I've tried the CacheFlush plugin to no avail. Did a back-up to USB as suggested, followed by a factory reset & made no further changes other than mounting my remote drive. Surprisingly, the previous back-ups to the hard drive were still available.

I've just tried playing one of my MP4s with AAC & I get the same hideous lead on the audio, so thanks for the suggestions, but they've not fixed it for me.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velcro View Post
    Surprisingly, the previous back-ups to the hard drive were still available.
    Not really, all factory reset does is delete the contents of /etc/enigma2/.
    Flashing an image starts from scratch, but doesn't go any where near the HD.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

velcro (26-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks CCS. I don't suppose you have any suggestions, do you?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    …. no, sorry, you probably need someone with a similar setup to you to advise.

Title
    Thanks
    OK. Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Why don‘t you just convert the audio to something playable, plenty of apps out there that will do bulk conversions
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Why don‘t you just convert the audio to something playable, plenty of apps out there that will do bulk conversions
    I produce the MP4 files with Handbrake. This gives me the option of MP3, AC3 or AAC. My other methods of playback - VLC, Media Player (don't laugh), Plex, Plex via my DVD to the TV (non smart), direct play from a different TV (smart), all work perfectly.

I'm doing a quick experiment with recoding as AC3, but TBH, there looks to be a problem with my TM-NANO-SE box/software/configuration rather then the MP4 files.

UPDATE: I've re-processed my test video to have track 1 as AC3 & track 2 as AAC. The AC3 track also leads the video. It's hard to be precise, but my subjective view is that the AC3 track leads by slightly less than the AAC track (under AAC, the lips start saying the word "respect" just as the audio has finished. With AC3, the video starts half way through the audio (but then I've got the AC3 delay set at 400, which might explain that)
    Last edited by velcro; 26-10-19 at 15:48. Reason: update

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    If you are using Handbrake, then thats probably the best tool around that I have used
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K