Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: It's been years since I was last here. Recommendations for around 120 pounds. In NZ.

Title
    Thanks

It's been years since I was last here. Recommendations for around 120 pounds. In NZ.

Hi Everyone

My budget is 120 pounds and unless delivery to New Zealand is inexpensive that will include the cost of delivery too.

I've not a clue how the technology has improved and am time limited. I'd love to spend hours doing this but can't right now.

But I want a box. And I'd really appreciate your help.

I'm a linux user and have been for two decades. I don't mind getting down and dirty with the firmware, or if it's a b to get through the menu system for the complicated stuff.

I watch Prime, Neflix, can torrent, never used a roku but would like one, don't use a kindle any more, love LED lighting, if that means anything. The ability to multi room would be important. Not sure what else. I have a subscription for SkyTV but don't watch it. I stream that to someone else, but there are times when I would like to watch something but can't because they're using it.

What info can I provide to you that would give you a better idea of what I'm looking for please?

Thanks in advance.

Also. What would I aspire to once I've decided I would like another box?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Werble Dray View Post
    Hi Everyone

My budget is 120 pounds and unless delivery to New Zealand is inexpensive that will include the cost of delivery too.

I've not a clue how the technology has improved and am time limited. I'd love to spend hours doing this but can't right now.

But I want a box. And I'd really appreciate your help.

I'm a linux user and have been for two decades. I don't mind getting down and dirty with the firmware, or if it's a b to get through the menu system for the complicated stuff.

I watch Prime, Neflix, can torrent, never used a roku but would like one, don't use a kindle any more, love LED lighting, if that means anything. The ability to multi room would be important. Not sure what else. I have a subscription for SkyTV but don't watch it. I stream that to someone else, but there are times when I would like to watch something but can't because they're using it.

What info can I provide to you that would give you a better idea of what I'm looking for please?

Thanks in advance.

Also. What would I aspire to once I've decided I would like another box?
    How are you receiving the sky out there,Satellite or via streaming method ??

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1554leslie View Post
    How are you receiving the sky out there,Satellite or via streaming method ??
    Dish with dual LNB?