Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Closed Caption plugin for Os mio 4K

Title
    Thanks

Closed Caption plugin for Os mio 4K

Hello,

I am using the Edision OS mio 4K with the OpenVix image.

I am also very hard of hearing and would like to be able to activate closed captioning on FTA channels in North America.

I can get closed captioning by streaming the channels though VLC, but I would like to be able to do it directly on my TV.

I can also code in Python. Can someone give me a general framework for developing a closed caption plugin for OpenVix? Or is it even possible?

Thank you.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts

Closed Caption plugin for Os mio 4K

we call them subtitles. there should be a button on your remote to activate subtitles

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    we call them subtitles. there should be a button on your remote to activate subtitles
    Unfortunately, when you press the subtitle button on the Edision remote, there are no subtitles. Just a black circle with a bar. But you can stream the channel through VLC and the subtitles will appear on the screen.

So, the subtitles are in the stream, but cannot be displayed on my TV directly from my OS mio. I would like to be able to fix this with a plugin and if someone can give me some guidance, I might be able to code it myself.

Title
    Thanks
    There are no plugins for subtitles that I am aware of, it is all done in cpp code. https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/c.../esubtitle.cpp I am sure if somoen knows of one they will post details for you.

What you described is a "button not allowed" icon, that may need fixing in the keymap. Start Enigma2 in console mode (details on commands link in my signature) and double check or enable debug logs and check that way. Alternatively, use the openwebif remote and try enabling subtitles that way. I appreciate you don't believe it is possible.

If American subtitles/ closed caption are not available on Enigma2, then work would need to be done in the file I linked above.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

electrosat (08-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    There are no plugins for subtitles that I am aware of, it is all done in cpp code. https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/c.../esubtitle.cpp I am sure if somoen knows of one they will post details for you.

What you described is a "button not allowed" icon, that may need fixing in the keymap. Start Enigma2 in console mode (details on commands link in my signature) and double check or enable debug logs and check that way. Alternatively, use the openwebif remote and try enabling subtitles that way. I appreciate you don't believe it is possible.

If American subtitles/ closed caption are not available on Enigma2, then work would need to be done in the file I linked above.
    Ok, thanks. I will try your keymap suggestion and report back. If that doesn't work, I will take a look at the github file and see if I can figure it out.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, it might not be possible at the moment.

This thread may be of assistance
    Code:
    https://forums.openpli.org/topic/68209-exteplayer3-support-for-the-embedded-pgs-presentation-graphic-stream-subtitle-format/
    Athoik does some wonderful work. Hopefully it can be added to Enigma2

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

electrosat (08-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Simonc on our forum did some work on subtitles recently, he may be able to assist too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

electrosat (08-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, it might not be possible at the moment.

This thread may be of assistance
    Code:
    https://forums.openpli.org/topic/68209-exteplayer3-support-for-the-embedded-pgs-presentation-graphic-stream-subtitle-format/
    Athoik does some wonderful work. Hopefully it can be added to Enigma2
    That would be great for myself and others who have a difficult time hearing. Thank you again for your help.

Title
    Thanks
    I found these packages on the OpenWebif:

enigma2-plugin-extensions-subssupport (1.5.6-r0)
    Collection of enigma2 subtitles plugins
    enigma2-plugin-extensions-subssupport-dbg (1.5.6-r0)
    Collection of enigma2 subtitles plugins - Debugging files
    enigma2-plugin-extensions-subssupport-dev (1.5.6-r0)
    Collection of enigma2 subtitles plugins - Development files