Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Audio drops off when changing radio channels

Title
    Thanks

Audio drops off when changing radio channels

I have a TM Nano SE. Audio is fine on all TV channels. However in Radio mode, there is intermittently no sound when selecting certain radio channels. Audio on that channel can only be restored by pressing the Audio button on the remote and switching AC3 downmix from Passthrough to Downmix, then back again or vice versa which then restores the audio until the channel is changed again.

The problem persists on both HDMI and TOSLINK ouptuts. Some radio channels are more prone to this than others. BBC radio channels on 28.2e are particularly a problem. Other stations less so.

I am quite certain the problem is not related to signal strength as SNR is 100%, Signal gain 16.3dB, BER 0

I suspect this is a software bug. Tried rebooting and resetting, but no luck. Problem persists on both Openvix 5.2 & 5.3

Any ideas?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I wouldn’t think a software bug as I listen to the radio channels on a regular basis. My Vu+ receivers are good at receiving radio, so not sure unless a Technomate driver bug....
    See if any Technomate users shout up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

jonib (07-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the advice Andy. An outdated driver does make sense. Not sure however where I can download this. Nothing on TM's website

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I wouldn’t think a software bug as I listen to the radio channels on a regular basis. My Vu+ receivers are good at receiving radio, so not sure unless a Technomate driver bug....
    See if any Technomate users shout up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have been unable to find an updated driver which might fix the problem. Tried Open ATV image, but the problem persists. The only thing I do notice is that if I doa factory reset followed by a restore, then this sometimes works for a few hours, but then problem comes back next day. I downloaded the Cache flush plugin to see if this would help, but it makes no difference.

It seems to me that the audio decoder might be crashing. Maybe the reason why sound can be restored by toggling the audio downmix/passthrough is that it is resetting the audio decoder? However it is a mystery why this is never a problem on TV channels.

As there doesn't seem to be any other Technomate Nano SE users out there experiencing the same symptoms, I am beginning to wonder if its a hardware problem