Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opticum Unicable LNB with Vu+ FBC tuners

Title
    Thanks
    I think you must be right about the Vu+ drivers, twol. I've since tried my Vu+ Solo 4K with another Unicable LNB, a Maclean MCTV-785 DCSS with 16 user bands, and it refused to see this too. So I connected it to my GigaBlue receiver instead, and it worked immediately I began changing the tuner settings. My Inverto SAT>IP box is now running on four of the remaining eight user bands. And I've moved my Vu+ box back to the Spaun SUS 5581 Unicable switch. Thank you again for your advice.
    GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K (Unicable + multiswitch DiSEqC 1.1/1.0 system); Octagon SF4008; Vu+ Solo4K; Edision OS mio 4K; Inverto Multibox SAT>IP; Wavefrontier toroidal dish

Title
    Thanks
    As a postscript... I'd unwittingly overlooked the fact that a software update to the receiver overwrites the unicable.xml file. My receiver went berzerk and I found that all the FBC tuners had configured themselves for the LNB model which was next alphabetically in the list, and all to the same user band. So I've reinstated my modified unicable.xml and have removed the write permission for it; I hope this won't break something else.

In case anyone else wants them, my configuration settings for the Maclean MCTV-785 LNB (to go in the <lnb> section of unicable.xml) are as follows:
    <manufacturer name="Maclean">
    <product name="Unicable II MCTV-785" format="jess" scrs ="1210,1420,1680,2040,985,1050,1115,1275,1340,1485 ,1550,1615,1745,1810,1875,1940"/>
    </manufacturer>
    GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K (Unicable + multiswitch DiSEqC 1.1/1.0 system); Octagon SF4008; Vu+ Solo4K; Edision OS mio 4K; Inverto Multibox SAT>IP; Wavefrontier toroidal dish

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Arcy For This Useful Post:

twol (15-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The LNB has been added to the unicable list

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Arcy (18-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you Arcy for posting this question and thanks to Abu and others who replied. I have been driven almost demented trying to get my Vu+ Uno 4K setup properly, mostly due to my own ignorance. For instance I had not appreciated my Unicable LNB only gave me 4 channels (my Vu+ has twin tuners). I had now intended to buy an 8 channel version (Opticum Red Robust Legacy Unicable 2 SCR 2, up to 8 subscribers via single cable solution - SCR frequencies: 970, 1030, 1090, 1150, 1210, 1420, 1680, 2040 MHz) but Arcy's bad experience with the lower frequencies has made me think again. Still looking.
    I now have my tv working but can only set timers for 4 channels. Unicable LNB is connected to tuner A, legacy output to tuner B.
    Just to add, I had to change the Tuner A Channel to User Band2, Frequency 01400 before I got a picture. Presumably the legacy lnb is using band 1.
    I also found this interesting, from Abu:-
    " I suppose it is because of the misconception that you need more than one tuner to record more than one service. Whereas one tuner allows multiple access to one transponder."
    Does this mean that with my twin tuners and 6 'virtual' tuners, I could theoretically record dozens of channels if the transponders are favourable?
    Thanks for reading this, you can plainly see I have need of further education. I find it all rather complicated, especially when the STB suddenly stops responding and has to be factory reset, starting the whole game over again.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wozles View Post
    Thank you Arcy for posting this question and thanks to Abu and others who replied. I have been driven almost demented trying to get my Vu+ Uno 4K setup properly, mostly due to my own ignorance. For instance I had not appreciated my Unicable LNB only gave me 4 channels (my Vu+ has twin tuners). I had now intended to buy an 8 channel version (Opticum Red Robust Legacy Unicable 2 SCR 2, up to 8 subscribers via single cable solution - SCR frequencies: 970, 1030, 1090, 1150, 1210, 1420, 1680, 2040 MHz) but Arcy's bad experience with the lower frequencies has made me think again. Still looking.
    I now have my tv working but can only set timers for 4 channels. Unicable LNB is connected to tuner A, legacy output to tuner B.
    Just to add, I had to change the Tuner A Channel to User Band2, Frequency 01400 before I got a picture. Presumably the legacy lnb is using band 1.
    I also found this interesting, from Abu:-
    " I suppose it is because of the misconception that you need more than one tuner to record more than one service. Whereas one tuner allows multiple access to one transponder."
    Does this mean that with my twin tuners and 6 'virtual' tuners, I could theoretically record dozens of channels if the transponders are favourable?
    Thanks for reading this, you can plainly see I have need of further education. I find it all rather complicated, especially when the STB suddenly stops responding and has to be factory reset, starting the whole game over again.
    I am not a fan of people jumping in on threads because setups can be different. Anyway, we are where we are. Before you buy your LNB, compare prices. Personally, I would not buy an 8 SCR LNB unless it is very cheap. The 24 SCR ones would offer better value.

We have a bug in 5.3 007 and the connected option is not showing.

The tuner attached to the legacy port must be set as a regular LNB. Simple, single, satellite position

4 of the 7 remaining ones must have unique SCR assigned.

Please see these guide
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...using-Unicable

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...-configuration

If you are encountering problems, create an image backup once everything is working correctly that can flash and restore everything to a working state.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

wozles (24-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    "I am not a fan of people jumping in on threads because setups can be different."

Apologies. It was just that Arcy's problems seemed very similar to mine.

Thanks for replying and for your advice. I am lookingfor a 24 or 32 version but having trouble finding one with2 legacy connectors. Also thanks for links to guides.

I do have the legacy connection set as simple, etc. I have the others set to FBC automatic, I'll change them.

I am finding blank pages when I go into some settings menus which reappear if I delete and re-install plug-ins.
    I shall soldier on. I 'm not looking for further assistance on this thread, thanks, I shall start another if necessary.

Title
    Thanks

Opticum Unicable LNB with Vu+ FBC tuners

The gtsat has legacy ports. Have a look at forum sponsor.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...e-lnb-3-legacy

BTW, why do you need them?

If 8 SCRs is sufficient for you, nothing wrong in buying it. Try setting up 4 SCR correctly before spending money though.

Use 5.3 006 if using FBC tuners. 5.3 008 will be out very soon.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

wozles (25-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for responding again, Abu, sorry to continue on this thread but just to clarify.
    I need legacy connectors for 'old style' receivers in other rooms, fed externally from my one fixed dish. I suppose I could split the unicable signal at the dish (I think) but that would be messy.

I'm using 5.3.7. I will use another, as the menu pages are often blank unless I reboot or sometimes factory reset.

Arcy said he had problems with frequencies below 1210 so I decided to avoid getting the same lnb as he had.
    The LNB you suggested seems to fit the bill.

Finally, you imply I have not set up my existing 4 'channel' scr lnb correctly - LNB Teilnehmer Sat Unicable LNB SCR Opticum UNC2 Legancy Konverter. (as per auction site description)
    I don't doubt you one little bit, I thought I now needed 8 frequencies to feed my 2 (x4) tuners. I'll have to read those guide pages again.
    I'm finding it a bit complicated. I may have read TOO many articles and bamboozled myself.

Title
    Thanks
    You have 8 demodulators on the tuner of your receiver. Your LNB has 4 SCR and universal/ordinary ports

Set as follows:
    Hardware:
    Unicable output of LNB to Tuner A on Tuner card. (Top connection).

Legacy output of LNB to Tuner B of Tuner card. (Bottom connection).

Software:
    I am presuming it is 28.2 you are using. Adapt as required. I am not listing the frequencies I'm using numbers, adapt as required.

Tuner B: Simple, single, 28.2

Tuner A: Advanced, Unicable , LNB, Manufacturer, model, SCR1
    Tuner C: Advanced, Unicable, connected, connected to A, Manufacturer, model, SCR2
    Tuner D: Advanced, Unicable, connected, connected to A, Manufacturer, model, SCR3
    Tuner E: Advanced, Unicable, connected, connected to A, Manufacturer, model, SCR4
    Tuner F: FBC Automatic
    Tuner G: FBC Automatic
    Tuner H: FBC Automatic

Please use 5.3 006 as the above options won't show in 5.3 007.

If the guide is not clear, please say which parts and I will adapt.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

wozles (28-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Abu. There have been developments. After following your instructions, I discovered my lnb was faulty. No signal was being received on the SCR output. This may have been an intermittent fault since last weekend but is now permanent so isn't driving me potty anymore.
    Also, thanks to something you mentioned before, which I had not appreciated (FBC and SCR being two different things), I was able to connect 2 cables from legacy connectors on the lnb and program the Uno4K accordingly ( 2 simple and 6 fcb auto) using image 5.3.6.
    I can now record 8 programmes at the same time. This is all I want, I'm happy, I shall abandon SCR for the time being. (saves a few quid!)
    Thank you very much for your time and input. Numpties like me must tax your patience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12