Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Help needed for adding multiple iptv.sh files and making them all autostart

Title
    Thanks

Help needed for adding multiple iptv.sh files and making them all autostart

Hi, I am using the latest vix image and I would like to add multiple iptv lists onto my VU+ reciever

I am using the following script in putty to add m3u lines

wget -O /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh "URL_HERE_&type=enigma22_script&output=mpegts" && chmod 777 /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh && /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh

and

wget -O /etc/enigma2/iptv2.sh "URL_HERE_&type=enigma22_script&output=mpegts" && chmod 777 /etc/enigma2/iptv2.sh && /etc/enigma2/iptv2.sh

For some reason only IPTV.sh refreshes the playlist when I reboot, but how do I get the IPTV2.SH list to autostart also?

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    you will need to look the scripts and see what they do, one may be overwriting the other or both doing the same thing with different user/url. you may need to edit one of them.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    I am sure Abu is correct

You would do better (and have far more control) by using one of the plugins to load up the bouquets eg e2m3u2bouquet or jedi.

Using these scripts is (in my view) only for 1st time users - and for multiple providers only going to cause issues.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I am sure Abu is correct

You would do better (and have far more control) by using one of the plugins to load up the bouquets eg e2m3u2bouquet or jedi.

Using these scripts is (in my view) only for 1st time users - and for multiple providers only going to cause issues.
    Thanks for your suggestion, I have tried both e2m3u2bouquet and jedi but they both made my box crash alot. Neither of those apps were in the Vix plugins list, I had to download them and add them manually, which suggests maybe those apps don't run well on my model VU+. Maybe it's time for a better spec VU+?

Using the scripts is quite stable for me, but as I mentioned before I can only get iptv.sh list to autostart when booting up and not iptv2.sh.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Try editing the pre_start.sh (maybe named differently) I think it's in usr/bin you may see it's already got the iptv.sh just copy the line and paste below and change every iptv.sh to iptv2.sh

Edit this may not be as simple as the iptv.sh may may override the pre_start.sh on boot
    Last edited by dsayers; 28-09-19 at 22:16.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    Try editing the pre_start.sh (maybe named differently) I think it's in usr/bin you may see it's already got the iptv.sh just copy the line and paste below and change every iptv.sh to iptv2.sh

Edit this may not be as simple as the iptv.sh may may override the pre_start.sh on boot
    Hi, thanks for the suggestion.

I added the second line to pre_start.sh but unfortunately you were correct, it got overridden after I added a new playlist.

Fortunately I have found a work-around. I copied the pre_start.sh script to iptv.sh so that it evokes iptv1.sh and iptv2.sh on startup

So iptv.sh now looks like this:

/bin/sh /etc/enigma2/iptv1.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 &
    /bin/sh /etc/enigma2/iptv2.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 &

This seems to do the job.

Thanks guys

7. The Following User Says Thank You to riom For This Useful Post:

dsayers (29-09-19)