Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Vu+Duo4k crashing on every bootup following 5.3.002 flashing

Title
    Thanks

Vu+Duo4k crashing on every bootup following 5.3.002 flashing

Hi, I have used Image Manager to flash 5.3 (having been unsuccessful to flash by USB - the receiver just boots up into 5.2.042 on every attempt), and the up-grading program progresses ok, until it asks if it should restore Settings & Plugins.

I confirmed 'Yes', but it resulted in a crash, and now the Receiver just goes into an endless 'bootup/crash' loop, generating a log file each time. Of the 50 odd so far, most are 18kb, and 4 are 40kb, so I've attached one of each.

On each bootup the Vix screen appears, and then the program banner appears over it at the bottom resulting in a crash every time.

I cannot see why I cannot get USB flashing to work otherwise I would try to re-flash by USB. The image zip file extracts into a 'vuplus' directory, containing a 'duo4k' directory, in which reside the image files etc. Is it correct that just the image files go onto the USB root on their own, or should one of the extracted directories containing the files go onto the root?

I can FTP into the box with FileZila whilst it is booting and looping, and wonder if there are any files I can delete or add?

Hope you can help, thanks a lot
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Copy the vuplus folder (and the files inside) to the root of the usb stick
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

AndiiRoo (29-09-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You can stop receiver from bootlooping by issuing the "init 4" command using Putty or similar. See thread in my signature if you need it.

You can then flash by using grog's script also in the guide. Do not restore settings after you flash.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

AndiiRoo (29-09-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndiiRoo View Post
    Hi, I have used Image Manager to flash 5.3 (having been unsuccessful to flash by USB - the receiver just boots up into 5.2.042 on every attempt), and the up-grading program progresses ok, until it asks if it should restore Settings & Plugins.
    You may/will have to turn of your box by the physical mains switch and/or the switch on your mains socket rather than just switching off/on or into standby via the remote. On
    swiching on again at the mains the USB stick with the update shoud be seen. Wait possibly 60 seconds after switching off to allow all internal power supplies to fully discharge.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

AndiiRoo (29-09-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Could i ask the name and size of usb stick and are other usb devices present.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the help, I can perform a flash from USB again on my VU+

5.3 flashing now goes ok, and I can scan back in my usual satellites, and put in a few favourites before doing a settings backup, but I am immediately back to an immediate crash and boot loops as soon as I try to set up OpenWebif for Dream Player for streaming over my network to my android Samsung S9+.

No problem if I set up external streaming first, through my dynamic dyn service. In OpenWebifif I can enable HTTPS, which gives port 443 in the menu, and Dream Player streams to my mobile over the web ok. But, I cannot then change the HTTP port from 80 to stream over my home network (my Router has restrictions on port 80), without the crash/bootloop happening all over again, requiring a complete new flash. Unfortunately, the back up file is not restoring the Favourites or satellites, and my Bouquets saved with Dreamset are not being accepted by the box either, although Dreamset is saying both read and write operations are completing? On the one occasion I did manage to change the HTTP port number without a crash, I realised that I had not disabled 'Use DHCP' in Adapter Settings and as soon as I did so, the crash/boot loop happened again.

So I have reflashed the final 5.2 release, and run my last backup saved from it, and everything magically worked perfectly again. Huge relief!

So I wonder where I go from here? Am I missing something, or is there a bug in the relationship of v5.3 with OpenWebif, and it's link with the network adapter settings? The Vu+ is on WAN

Thanks again for any help
    Last edited by AndiiRoo; 29-09-19 at 17:00. Reason: Omission in text
    Vu+Duo4K running Openvix 5.2
    Technomate 2600 motor drive
    Amiko Alien 2+ Triple running OpenATV 6.1