Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Spinning logo, other images

Title
    Thanks

Spinning logo, other images

My faithful VU+ Ultimo has started spinning the VIX logo much more often than it used to, I think it has been at least since I updated the image to OpenVIX 5.2.045 in July, maybe already before that. And I wonder whether this could be a hardware or software thing, or maybe depending on some settings. For example, I had earlier experienced that if I have the autotimers set to scan 7 days of epg data it causes much more VIX logo spinning than having it scan only 3 days, so I have kept it in 3 days. Is there some other setting that has similar effect?

I am aware that the old Ultimo is no longer supported with OpenVIX 5.3, but do the other images (openatv, openpli) continue supporting Ultimo? Do they have CI+ support?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Openatv 6.3 have a latest image out for your box,have you tried powering off box and router to see if any stored bugs are cleared.
    Epg where is it been stored and hopefully not internal flash.Should not matter if its set for 7 day epg download early in the morning.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    Openatv 6.3 have a latest image out for your box,have you tried powering off box and router to see if any stored bugs are cleared.
    Epg where is it been stored and hopefully not internal flash.Should not matter if its set for 7 day epg download early in the morning.
    The uptime seems to be 53 days, when I command w in the shell.. so maybe it's time to try a full reboot.
    Epg is stored on the hard disk, I remember having seen warnings against keeping it in the flash.