Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recordings, but not Live TV, freeze when streamed to PC.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I have no problem playing a recording from an et8000 on 5.3.002.007.
    Although my VLC is running on a Linux system.
    Windows 10

I can play live TV using VLC with streaming started via the Webif idicating possibly not a problem with Win10/VLC

I can download the whole recording from within Webif and afterwards it plays in VLC without problems

Using Samba i can see the recording on the ET10K hard disk and by selecting it in VLC it plays without problems

It seems to be only starting the stream using webif the recording freezes.

with my andriod phone connected to my home network and running the "transcoding for Xtend" app i can play the same recoding in the "stream with transcoding" mode (using vlc on the phone)
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Using Samba i can see the recording on the ET10K hard disk and by selecting it in VLC it plays without problems

I dont know nothing about Samba. Could you please explain in details how you do that?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fltk View Post
    I dont know nothing about Samba. Could you please explain in details how you do that?
    Samba
    On you Enigma2 box
    Menu -> Setup -> Network -> Utilities -> Samba -> Autostart = enabled
    Press yelllow to autostart if the current status doesn't say running.

On a windows PC you should see your box in the network section of File Explorer
    You shoud be able to drag/drop files between your PC and box (and visa versa), delete files, move files , create directories(folders) etc all from the PC. In this case, on my Win 10 PC, I just selected a recorded program on the hard disk in my Xtrend ET10K box, right clicked with my mose and selected open with VLC. The recording immediately played without problems.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

cactikid (28-09-19),Clabs (26-09-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks. It works perfectly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12