Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Freeview: cannot read data

Title
    Thanks

Freeview: cannot read data

Everything has been working fine for years, updating via online and image method when new major release.

Auto bouquet maker runs on schedule 4:30am and progress shows numbers incrementing for Freeview and Freesat scan.

Updated to 5.3.001 and not working now for Freeview at least. Says cannot read data. Doesn't find transponder. Did a tune again since it had been a while which was fine and channels work fine. Just not ABM.

Any ideas or wait for fix? Tuners are set to Crystal Palace and ABM set for London.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Use the Terrestrial Scan plugin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Andy. That has worked. Though now I have terrestrial bouquet rather than the ABM groups but is okay. And being the first bouquet ahead of the one I call "0" I was going to lose my power on channel but have moved bouquet and it's staying in second position so good.

Terrestrial Scan is always on Auto for tuner when going into it, and have to choose DVB-T tuner else it won't work. There isn't a save button even though when exiting screen I'm prompted about saving..

Anyway, have removed Freeview from ABM leaving Freesat. My understanding for years of using scheduled ABM was that when it tunes to DVB-T some other process would pull in EPG data for me from antennae. Can't do it this way now so have configured EPG Refresh. Hopefully this won't have issues as it's using the channel info in Terrestrial bouquet to know how to find the data.

Will this be integrated into build at some point so not need extra plugin, and for using with ABM?

The one other minor bug.. used to be fine years ago. When using PIP view, you could tune a channel which would appear in both windows. Then you can go to an EPG mode and click another channel and see the preview screen showing that channel so you could see if that's the second channel wanted. Now however, the preview window only shows the first channel picture, even though the text above it shows the name of channel zapped to.

All in all, still sticking with OpenVix.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Why do you run ABM on terrestrial every day, I only run it when needed, probably months apart?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    You cannot do one provider and but not another in ABM.

Title
    Thanks
    CCS: like I said, it was to get Freeview EPG from OTA as I'm not using internet source for it. Sometimes when this didn't work I had to be tuned to a Freeview channel to pick up 7 days EPG

Abu: I have channels scanned for Freeview and for Sky (free to air only, has more channels than Freesat scan). ABM now only set for Sky London region. EPG Refresh for Freeview. This not okay?

Title
    Thanks
    For absorbing EPG, I am sure you have to be tuned to a service, not just a frequency. To ensure you get EPG for Terrestrial, use EPG refresh.

Yes, Sky FTA has more services than Freesat.

We'll need to look into your Freeview ABM issue. What has changed? There is a Terrestrial finder applet within ABM. Please run it and see what it finds. Please upload the XML it creates. Can you also upload your current lamedb file as well as the one after running Terrestrial Finder.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You cannot do one provider and but not another in ABM.
    In ABM I can still scan Freeview (Bluebell hill) and Freesat with a single scan and obtain the 7 day epg for both over the air without the use of extra plugins using Vix 5.3.002. To check just before posting I deleted my ABM Freesat and Freeview bouquets and EPG file, Then ran a single ABM scan which populated a Freeview and Freesat bouquet followed by the EPG being populated a bit later (On Freeview I was tuned into BBC1).
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

ccs (15-09-19)

Title
    Thanks
    It is the being tuned to BBC1 Terrestrial that obtained EPG (Synopsis). If you want to confirm this, select BBC 1 Sat, restart so active service is not Terrestrial. init 4, wait 10 secs, delete EPG dat, init 3. You should not have any EPG. Run ABM. You should still not have EPG on Terrestrial until you zap to a Terrestrial service.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz
    To ensure you get EPG for Terrestrial, use EPG refresh..
    The above statement only applies if you don't view/zap to Terrestrial services regularly. Terrestrial EPG is on all the services, you will absorb the EPG while viewing/recording.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 15-09-19 at 14:39. Reason: Add "regularly" and "recording"

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    In ABM I can still scan Freeview (Bluebell hill) and Freesat with a single scan and obtain the 7 day epg for both over the air without the use of extra plugins using Vix 5.3.002. To check just before posting I deleted my ABM Freesat and Freeview bouquets and EPG file, Then ran a single ABM scan which populated a Freeview and Freesat bouquet followed by the EPG being populated a bit later (On Freeview I was tuned into BBC1).
    Can you please explain how you enable Freesat in ABM (i.e do one) and disable Freeview in ABM (i.e not another) and still keep both ABM bouquets in your bouquets? I am keen to learn this as we removed the functionality to reliably facilitate the mix functionality.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Can you please explain how you enable Freesat in ABM (i.e do one) and disable Freeview in ABM (i.e not another) and still keep both ABM bouquets in your bouquets? I am keen to learn this as we removed the functionality to reliably facilitate the mix functionality.
    I don't

In ABM providers I say yes to Freesat UK and yes to Freeview UK and get one Bouquet for Freesat and another for Freeview in the same scan.

I believe this is the same set-up as the original poster was saying no longer worked for him for Freeview. In my case this set-up still works for me running 5.3.002
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks

Freeview: cannot read data

Thanks for clarifying. His ABM is not completing for Terrestrial, hence request for files so we can assist in resolving. ABM does not write/update if any of the providers fail. We considered allowing it to complete the others but that means people will not know there is a problem.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Which receiver?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lxt1024 View Post
    Any ideas or wait for fix? Tuners are set to Crystal Palace and ABM set for London.
    Are you sure this is the mast your aerial is pointing to?