Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: IPTV Support - Consistent User experience from Kodi

Title
    Thanks

IPTV Support - Consistent User experience from Kodi

Hi,

If this is the wrong forum section please feel free to move it.

I currently maintain the kodi pvr addon for Enigma2. Recently users have requested support for IPTV via their Enigma2 devices. The support I added is simply to extract the IPTV URL from the stream URL if they have the IPTV provider set up in a bouquet on their E2 device.

This works OK, however as the URL is just passed to kodi they only have two options on playback, Stop and record (on the device). The addon can't offer timeshift as it's doesn't handle the stream directly like regular DVB channels.

Should it be possible to treat an IPTV stream just like a DVB one so the experience can be consistent across both DVB and IPTV?

Note, I am only working with users who use legal providers and provide zero support to anyone acting illegally.

Thanks in advance.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    At the moment our E2 cannot pause IPTV streams. If you are aware of any changes other Images have made to allow this, we can implement it. If applicable, please send us a link to the commit/s.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, maybe the question was misunderstood.

When you have a standalone Kodi let's say on a Raspberry Pi you can use the Enigma2 addon ( https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vuplus ) via OpenWebIf to stream from the Enigma2 device. The addon itself supports timeshift (independent of Enigma2 timeshift capabilities). It will work for any DVB channels, however for IPTV streams the Enigma2 device does not appear to re-stream the stream (yes, that sounds confusing), so instead the addon just passes the IPTV URL to Kodi so it plays but unfortunately means you don't get timeshift.

Here's an example format for the service reference: "1:0:1:90C:63:27:FFFF0000:0:0:0:http%3a//my.iptvprovider.net%3a8000/live/channels/stream.ts:Best Channel Ever" that the addon would parse the URL from.

This might just be the way I set it up, or it might just be that it's not supported. Am I making sense?

Title
    Thanks
    Let establish one thing first before going to what you are requesting.

Can you pause an IPTV stream on an Enigma2 receiver?

Title
    Thanks
    No, I cannot.

Title
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    I think something similar was in OpenVix dev branch: https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/368/files

It must have been reverted if it didn't make it into master. Pity
    Last edited by phunkyfish; 12-09-19 at 18:22.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phunkyfish View Post
    I think something similar was in OpenVix dev branch: https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/368/files

It must have been reverted if it didn't make it into master. Pity
    It wasn‘t reverted.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    I was looking in Screens and not Components, apologies. Hmmm, then I wonder why it doesn't work for me. Will have to double check. Might just be user error

Title
    Thanks
    So I can pause an IPTV stream on openvix, the issue was that after upgrading timeshift was disabled. Face plant

So that answers your first question @abu baniaz!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Let establish one thing first before going to what you are requesting.

Can you pause an IPTV stream on an Enigma2 receiver?
    In light of the fact that I can pause an IPTV stream would enabling this lie solely with OpenWebIf or require a Vix change or both?

Title
    Thanks
    Not 100 sure.

If using another image has no problem, then it's an issue with ViX. If other images also have problem, then it could be an issue with OpenWebIf.

There was a similar ssue raised on the OpenWebIf Git, I asked a question if it was fixed, but it was not clear. Maybe start another issue?

Title
    Thanks
    I created one last night 😉

Title
    Thanks