Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Backup Settings Help needed!

Title
    Thanks

Backup Settings Help needed!

Trying to upgrade from vix 5.2.43 to 5.3.01 (Edision Nino Pro) works fine but the backup restore feature does not bring all the features that were on the previous image i.e. key files, plugins, backdrop.mvi bootlogo.mvi plus the other stuff that makes 27.5w work etc. I had to restore a full image backup to get back to where I started. On my other box, Zgemma H7s, upgrades seamlessly. What settings should be selected when set up manually in the backup manager (yellow button)?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    This always work for me as by default it backs up the lamedb, Oscam keys etc ..........backdrop.mvi, bootloog.mvi depends where you have them stored.
    You need to press Menu button and then yellow button and go down file list to see whats ticked e.g. etc should have enigma2 set and further down tuxbox should have config checked.
    Cross check between the H7s and the Non Pro
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the quick reply. There seems to be a big difference in the default backup settings between the 2 boxes. Zgemma bachup settings are fine but the Nino Pro is lacking. Will adding the other things setting on the yellow button be retained/saved or will need to be changed for every settings backup? Do you know where the plugins (satvenus etc.) are stored Can't check just now as I'm not near the box.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    By default the settings are the same for all boxes - so at some stage this has been altered. They then will remain until changed by you.
    When you change settings you have to make sure you press the correct button to save them - just not near a box at the moment.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Hadn't played with the Nino box much so don't know how that could happen but I will set it up the same as the Zgemma and see how that goes. Thanks twol, you have been most helpful on this and other stuff in the past.

Title
    Thanks
    All sorted now. Copied/reproduced backup settings from Zgemma box. Now updated with all working as before. Thanks.