Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EPG Importer and Refresh

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Just as an aside - the HDD is not a good location for picons. Unless you have permanent timeshift running, it will have to spin up the disk to fetch the picon on a channel change. Even with timeshift running it will still have to seek on the disk when you switch channels. Better to have picons stored on internal flash or, if you don't have enough flash left, on a USB stick.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    No, have not used usb for over a year although I did consider it last night but re-flashed via image manager. Do you think it will make any difference flashing via usb?
    I restored settings but not plugins and no great change. After ten attempts at running epg importer it showed that it had run, with the number of events, but there were only three days worth of data. I am frightened to run epg refresh now because it just goes on and on and I have to reboot to stop it. I will persevere with experimenting for a while but I may, eventually, have to go back to crossepg.
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE withDual FBC (Sat) tuners
    Vu+ Zero
    Fixed 85cm Primesat Transparent dish withDUR-Line UK 119 Unicable 2/JESS LNB

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by db49er View Post
    No, have not used usb for over a year although I did consider it last night but re-flashed via image manager. Do you think it will make any difference flashing via usb?
    I restored settings but not plugins and no great change. After ten attempts at running epg importer it showed that it had run, with the number of events, but there were only three days worth of data. I am frightened to run epg refresh now because it just goes on and on and I have to reboot to stop it. I will persevere with experimenting for a while but I may, eventually, have to go back to crossepg.
    No difference flashing between usb or ImageManager apart from the latter being usually easier to do.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    I do not know why this log was generated because the box did not crash but I thought that it may be helpful.

I powered-up and both importer and refresh ran normally with epg.dat being created. I saved and loaded epg but no data shown when epg selected. To prove the file I transfered it to uno4k and it displayed perfectly. Repeated the import and refresh on solo4k but still no data displayed so it would appear that the data is downloaded correctly but, for some strange reason, it will not load into graphical epg.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Vu+ Zero

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    That crash log is from Sun Sep 3 18:33:43 2017

You need to look at your debug log or upload it for your current issue.

Debug logging is enabled as follows:
    Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Enable debug logs = yes, and then GUI Restart.

Try clearing out your EPG first just incase it is tainted.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, finger trouble.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Vu+ Zero

Title
    Thanks
    You have this problem.
    < 37.150> [eEPGCache] /media/hdd/epg.dat not found, try /epg.dat

Why is the HDD on the receiver being used being referred to as a network mount?

< 21.027> [Harddisk] new Harddisk sda -> /dev/sda -> /dev/sda
    < 21.027> [Console] command: ('sdparm', 'sdparm', '--set=SCT=0', '/dev/sda')
    < 21.028> [eConsoleAppContainer] Starting sdparm
    < 21.065> [Harddisk] enumerating network mounts...
    < 21.066> [Harddisk] new Network Mount RootVUSOLO4K -> /media/autofs/RootVUSOLO4K
    < 21.067> [Harddisk] new Network Mount HarddiskVUSOLO4K -> /media/autofs/HarddiskVUSOLO4K
    < 21.067> [Harddisk] new Network Mount HarddiskVUUNO4KSE -> /media/autofs/HarddiskVUUNO4KSE

Your picon path is this
    < 21.837> [Picon] adding path: /media/autofs/HarddiskVUUNO4KSE/picon/
    You are using the picons from the Uno4kSe. Looks like we need to tweak the code again. Network shares were not meant to be usable for picons

With EPG Import, I bet you have set it to clear EPG before fetching. Why are you using both methods?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Looks ok to me as far as I can tell...…

Code:
    <   473.039> [EPGImport] imported 15635 events
    <   473.039> [EPGImport] imported 15635 events
    <   473.225> [XMLTVImport] Save last import date and count event
    <   473.225> [XMLTVImport] Save last import date and count event
    <   473.226> [XMLTVImport] Run check deep standby after import
    <   473.226> [XMLTVImport] Run check deep standby after import
    <   473.226> [EPGImport] #### Finished ####

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (07-09-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Don't reboot or retsart. Issue the df -Th command again and post back the result please.

Title
    Thanks
    Have you replaced any python files on the receiver or added any plugins/skins that do so?

This path should not be allowed
    /media/autofs/HarddiskVUUNO4KSE/picon/

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/c...3c128f0f481037

Title
    Thanks
    No, have done nothing out of the ordinary but, at least that is one mystery solved. Have just shut down uno4k and, surprise, surprise the picons have disappeared from solo4k. When I try to load picons from plugins I do not get a choice for 28.2E.
    I am afraid I had powered down before I read your previous post. Deleted epg.dat, ran importer again but new file will still not display. Am going to have to pop-out for a while but will try again later.
    Vu+ Zero

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Again - store your picons in flash when you download them, not on hard disk, otherwise you are just slowing the machine on channel changes. See post #16
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    We really need to establish if you have a problem with the HDD in the solo 4k or not. Can I suggest that you make an image backup so that you can go back to it at a later stage. Then start afresh, i.e flash latest and do not restore settings or plugins. Do not create any network mountpoints.

If it is fine after a few days, start adding things back.

You will find the picon ipks
    Code:
    https://github.com/picons/picons/releases

Title
    Thanks
    I could not figure-out how to download picons from github link you gave so I have copied existing ones, put them in flash on both boxes and deleted from hard drive. All working fine.

I think that I misunderstood the relationship, or lack of it, between Import and Refresh so have disabled Refresh on both boxes. Have tried "clearing epg before refresh" once, but now have it set to "no".

I deleted all network mounts on both boxes (I used them in order to access recordings from either box) and put epg in flash on solo4k but still same problem. I presume that rules-out HDD issue. Put back on HDD and ran Importer which shows correct time, number of events, generates epg.dat with correct time but still no display. Tried save/load several times with no joy and decided it was time to give up but needed epg for recordings last night. Reset network mounts and brought epg.dat from uno4k, hit load and everything populated. I just cannot get my head around that and, clearly, will have to start from scratch. It may be sometime in the future and I have to look-up a solution you gave me a couple of years ago to cure a timeout message related to unicable or FBC. I cannot remember where or how many seconds delay I entered.

I will report results when I have done it.
    Vu+ Zero

Title
    Thanks
    Now on 5.3.003 and still having problems with epg importer on Solo4K
    If "load only bouquets" is selected Importer shows time, zero events and does not generate epg.dat. (Could this be anything to do with me also having a DVB T tuner?). If deselected then thousands of events recorded, epg file generated but epg grid and "now and next" will not populate.
    If I then copy epg.dat from Uno4KSE, paste it on Solo4K and go "EPG Load" everything populates perfectly.
    Any further suggestions gratefully accepted.
    Last edited by db49er; 04-10-19 at 12:40.
    Vu+ Zero

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast