Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saorview Frequency Changes

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaysat View Post
    Got that Tony, thank you. So just to be clear, if I scan using frequency finder in ABM (next week), and I find new frequencies, and I set ABM to scan these new frequencies, ABM will keep on scanning the new frequencies even after the old ones are shut down.
    Basically yes. But the names ABM finds will be the same for every transmitter (2RN). It's already finding the new frequencies active in my local area (Greystones). Where are you located? You may not be affected at all if you live in Dublin.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post

...BTW, your summary is not fully correct for the UK.
    Yes, I was sortof presenting the big picture view I know that some of the relays in the UK present their own set of problems. In the Saorview network, though, all the transmitters carry the same table info and thus are pretty useless for any sort of an automated solution. The commercial Saorview receivers mostly (always?) use a signal strength algorithm to determine which multiplexes to store during an auto scan.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've updated the terrestrial.xml file with the new Saorview frequencies if anyone needs it. I actually lost service on the old frequencies back in September and I'm sure there are probably others in the same boat.

terrestrial.zip
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (25-10-19),Andy_Hazza (25-10-19),Joe_90 (25-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    @ronand - saw your post on GitHub (at least I assume you're ei4kn?). The Donegal transmitters were due to switch off in September - is that where you are? Here in Wicklow, the old and new frequencies are still operating together. I wasn't sure if all transmitters had been activated with the new frequencies. The ABM provider list will need to change but I'll wait until @abu requests and then I can do it (or you can if it's maintained on GitHub and you feel the need!). I put together the original master list of Saorview transmitters but I don't use GitHub

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The terrestrial xml file has been updated via the pull request. People can update it using xml update function if they don't want to download and ftp it.

Please provide the ABM file when required. Better still, start using GitHub

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    @ronand - saw your post on GitHub (at least I assume you're ei4kn?). The Donegal transmitters were due to switch off in September - is that where you are? Here in Wicklow, the old and new frequencies are still operating together. I wasn't sure if all transmitters had been activated with the new frequencies. The ABM provider list will need to change but I'll wait until @abu requests and then I can do it (or you can if it's maintained on GitHub and you feel the need!). I put together the original master list of Saorview transmitters but I don't use GitHub
    Yep that was me. I'm in Tipperary and get my signal from Kilduff. As far as I know all the new frequencies are in operation so there is no reason to stay on the old ones.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (26-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi @ronand (and abu) - I've updated the ABM provider files for Saorview in attached zip file. abu - can you update the providers master list please? I've just added "_700mhz" to the end of each filename to distinguish from existing files. You can rename as necessary.

ronand - I noticed one discrepancy when I cross-checked with your terrestrial.xml file. The Clifden, Galway transmitter second multiplex is UHF Channel 23 (490MHz) - your entry has 570MHz. There are also two new transmitters in the updated list which you should add. These are Drogheda, Louth on Channel 22 and 25 and Wicklow, Wicklow on Channel 22 and 25.
    Attached Files Attached Files

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (28-10-19)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Hi @ronand (and abu) - I've updated the ABM provider files for Saorview in attached zip file. abu - can you update the providers master list please? I've just added "_700mhz" to the end of each filename to distinguish from existing files. You can rename as necessary.

ronand - I noticed one discrepancy when I cross-checked with your terrestrial.xml file. The Clifden, Galway transmitter second multiplex is UHF Channel 23 (490MHz) - your entry has 570MHz. There are also two new transmitters in the updated list which you should add. These are Drogheda, Louth on Channel 22 and 25 and Wicklow, Wicklow on Channel 22 and 25.
    Thanks Tony - I'll amend the xml shortly.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (28-10-19),Joe_90 (28-10-19)

Title
    Thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (28-10-19)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (28-10-19),Sicilian (29-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    I don't suppose you know what the location of this file is if I want to FTP it directly to my box?

Title
    Thanks
    I don't suppose you know what the location of this file is if I want to FTP it directly to my box?

Sorry wrong quote. Please ignore.
    Last edited by Kaysat; 10-03-20 at 21:09.

Title
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Just update it using the function in the ABM menu.

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

21. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (11-03-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Just update it using the function in the ABM menu.

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers
    Thank you very much.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast