Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Frequent 'pauses' during playback.

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frequent 'pauses' during playback.

Title
    Thanks

Frequent 'pauses' during playback.

Hi

Flashed latest image today and straightaway have issues.

Playing back a recording from either internal HDD or NAS - every few minutes, picture freezes and sometimes sound continues other times also freezes.

In ALL cases, a skip back (my skip values are defaults) results in playing through same position without issue.

The issue happens with both recordings made with old image and with new image.

The issue also happens with recordings which were issue free using the old image.

The issue has happened with all recordings played back, which so far has only been a handful of recordings, a couple of which were recordings previously OK with old image.

Live TV does not show the issue - only issue being the 'old' one where the freezing happens only when using 'skip' keys.

Have tried a 'fresh' reboot (meaning a reboot other than the installation one(s)), with no improvement.

I have no exotic plugins/settings.
    There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't ......

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    A known driver bug I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

leshay (23-08-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

Thanks Andy.

What is my next step - do I need to contact GigaBlue, or maybe go back to previous image?
    There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't ......

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    Can you try OpenATV image to see if same issue occurs?

Theres been no driver changes since April 2018, so older image had same drivers.

I'd suggest initialising another storage device and checked recording / playback again.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (23-08-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Some peeps use old drivers on newer images, but not sure if Giga have had a kernel change between then. Hopefully someone might be able to help with that question. Probably go back to the working image for the time being if its a problem for you. Any issues best being reported to Gigablue directly yeah.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

leshay (23-08-19)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Some peeps use old drivers on newer images, but not sure if Giga have had a kernel change between then. Hopefully someone might be able to help with that question. Probably go back to the working image for the time being if its a problem for you. Any issues best being reported to Gigablue directly yeah.

?? Theres been no driver updates since April 2018 for this model:
    Code:
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commits/4.3/meta-brands/meta-gigablue/recipes-drivers/gigablue-dvb-modules-gb7356.bb
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

leshay (23-08-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

OK, have gone back to version 5.2.045 and no more of that issue.

Title
    Thanks
    I’ve read somewhere with peeps having issues with Gigablue and stuttering playback problems. Maybe related to certain TVs, but then again using 5.2.045 doesn’t have the issue so doesn’t make sense I guess.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 881 Posts
    I'm fairly sure this is an old bug which has resurfaced recently. I have a Quad Plus and have experienced similar stuttering playback issues and they are worse when I am simultaneously recording. I believe it is memory related, maybe a setting in recent builds which has caused the machine to keep caching stuff in memory until it runs out of RAM. As a workaround, I have installed the cacheflush plug-in and it seems to have resolved it for the moment- you could try this @leshay. The bug is reported to ViX devs and I'll update when resolved.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

leshay (31-08-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    Thanks for that. I will however, remain on the older version for now rather than try a work around. Maybe GigaBlue will wake up sometime and deal with the issues (assuming they are driver issues).

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leshay View Post
    Hi

OK, have gone back to version 5.2.045 and no more of that issue.
    Would you be able to post a link to the driver download page, please? I'd like to try that as a possible fix for stuttering playback on our GB Quad & the one our in-laws have.

Thanks,

Steve

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    … images are here if that's what you mean..... http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/d...gablue-images/

Title
    Thanks
    OK, have gone back to version 5.2.045 and no more of that issue
    Oh, sorry I thought it was an older driver version that was suggested as a possible fix? Is the idea to flash an older OpenVix as the potential solution?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Replacing drivers isn't as easy at it sounds, the OP has chosen to use an older version of ViX.

Maybe try the cacheflush plug-in?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 881 Posts
    I think it's probably unlikely that GigaBlue will update drivers as the box is quite old. The drivers haven't changed since mid 2018 I think, and are included in the builds as they are released by the manufacturer. In any case I was getting the issue occasionally even on 5.2.045. I'm on 5.3.001 now. I'll keep you updated should I hear of a more permanent fix. The OpenATV forums (German) recommend using some form of cache flushing and setting a minimum memory. I would suggest installing the cacheflush plugin, setting the mininum memory to 8192kb and pressing the grren button to save the setting. I don't even activate the plugin to flush the caches, just set the minimum RAM as per the screenshot. It works for me. We are just back from holiday and my wife has been watching all the recordings of soaps made while we were away. No issues noted since installing the plugin. Was happening every couple of minutes before.
    cacheflush.jpg
    Last edited by Joe_90; 02-09-19 at 17:00.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (02-09-19),GAH2402 (03-09-19)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast