Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Network shares problem

Title
    Thanks

Network shares problem

I have a Mutant HD51 and mounted my network shares from a FreeNAS box. I am using samba for cifs shares and the relevant folders are mounted and activated.

When I use Media Player to play or view the said files on a shared media folder, it says there are no files, but I know there is.
    I have also tried Media Scanner , but again it says there are no files in any of my mounted and activated cifs shared folders.

I have also tried uPnP in kodi to view the media files, but it can only see the folders and not the files.

I use linux on all my pc's, and the shared folders and files are browsable on the pc's.

I have considered reflashing the box with the latest ViX image, if that would solve the problem. I did also wonder if it was something to do with the filesystem on the HD51.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    As I have the mount point set to AUTOFS, I looked in the /etc/autofs.conf file and saw that it says: browseable = no. Is that reason as to why no files could be found.

Also I set another mount point to fstab(mount at boot) then rebooted the box, but looking at the said mount it has a red cross against it.

In my linux machines I created the said mount point using a shell and used fstab to mount it. If I didn't have that mount point, then no files would be there.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Pressing OK on a mount with a red cross and overwriting the existing mount seems to mount my NAS shares.
    I mentioned it in your other thread.
    Did you try that?

Title
    Thanks
    I pressed ok on a mount with a red cross against it to updtae the mount, but even after a reboot, the red cross was still there and there were no viewable files.

I then seletcted on of my linux machines and added the shared media mounts as AUTOFS. Now there are viewable media files and films play etc. Why they aren't viewable on my FreeNAS mount, I'll never know, but the situation is now solved.

Title
    Thanks
    After selecting a different mount point: windowsmedia, the folders and files are now viewable and will play in Media Player.

It was a case of not selecting the obvious: FREENAS, and picking : windowsmedia. Unfortunately for me there were a few different mountb points to pick from, and I chose the wrong ones!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to avalon65 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (20-08-19)