Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy a new box

Title
    Thanks

Looking to buy a new box

Hi, I’m looking to buy a new box but need help. I currently have a spider box connected to 8 lnbs across Europe. They are connected through a diseqc 8-1 switch. I’m looking to upgrade to a 4K box so I can access canal + sport 4K on hot bird and 4K channels on 30 degrees west, hipasat. Which box is best for this as I have 3 c clines to enter. I need a pre set up box for me as I’m not very good at installing anything on it. I’m also looking at keeping the cost down.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    we don't do cline talk here.

Any Enigma2 receivers will work with a Diseqc switch. The Zgemma are the most cost effective receivers at the moment..

Title
    Thanks
    I got hold of a zgemmah9.2 today. I’ve managed to put openatv 6.3 on it. What do I do next, it’s not as simple as my current spiderbox 6000hd

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Go onto OpenATV forum and see guides for your receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jijboy View Post
    I got hold of a zgemmah9.2 today. I’ve managed to put openatv 6.3 on it. What do I do next, it’s not as simple as my current spiderbox 6000hd
    The 1st thing I would do is to download the latest ViX image, filezilla to hdd/images (could be hdd/image cannot remember) and then press blue button and go to flash online and flash the ViX image.... or just usb flash OpenViX

OpenVix is much simpler and doesn’t duplicate menu items all over the place.

Once setup I would then use the ViX facilities to format a SD card so that you can run from the SD card- gives you significantly more flash memory for other features - something the H9 is short of.

Lastly running ViX you will get much more informative help on this OpenViX forum.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

cactikid (18-08-19),Sicilian (18-08-19)

Title
    Thanks
    The basics of most images are the very similar.

You will need the following programs while using Enigma2, no matter which image you use.
    Linux compatible editor, like notepad+++
    FTP client, like Filezilla client
    Putty, or enable telnet function in windows

Channels settings editor, kike Dreamboxedit, E-chanenlizer, Dreamset

It is not going to be easy to re-write everything for you. What have you actually done so far?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (18-08-19)

Title
    Thanks
    So far I’ve only installed openatv 6.3. I’m not sure what images and the rest do, a noob to all this. I can have a go at what twol has posted. I’ve used putty before but that’s about it.

Title
    Thanks
    Most of us use OpenViX here. Best you do that.

Be warned, you wont get help with C-lines in public though

Title
    Thanks
    So far I’ve only installed openatv 6.3. I’m not sure what images and the rest do, a noob to all this. I can have a go at what twol has posted. I’ve used putty before but that’s about it.
    Zgemma usb flash guide here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/g...ashing-guides/

OpenViX user manual here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/g...and-tutorials/

We’ll get you sorted one way or another I’m sure.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    Is openvix like another openatv? What’s the difference and what do they do?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    OpenATV was sourced from OpenViX and I would say supports the Germanic marketplace (with extras like HBTV and support for Sky DE).
    It also by default tends to support any box in the marketplace.

OpenViX includes by default many components that provide additional support for users that on other images have to be installed by the user...... and for me is simpler to use due to a straight forward menu system.

If I was starting to use an E2 image and wanted a straight forward image with most components already installed, I would certainly choose OpenViX
    Last edited by twol; 18-08-19 at 20:53.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

14. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

cactikid (18-08-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, after spending some time on this I got no where and have returned this box. Does one of the sponsors sell a box, all I want is a box that will do what my spiderbox 6000hd can do plus some of the 4K channels on hotbird, 19.2 degrees east and 30 degrees west. If I could purchase one without having to do anything to it so it’s all ready setup to use that would be easier for me.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No boxes come all setup as they are illegal to sell that way.Your box can view channels once the added bits are done.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, after spending some time on this I got no where and have returned this box. Does one of the sponsors sell a box, all I want is a box that will do what my spiderbox 6000hd can do plus some of the 4K channels on hotbird, 19.2 degrees east and 30 degrees west. If I could purchase one without having to do anything to it so it’s all ready setup to use that would be easier for me.
    You didn’t look at the guides I posted then?
    Unfortunately there’s so called hobbyist and genuine hobbyists.

You will struggle getting a box all setup, you are best learning and asking questing and learning more and asking more questions, but if I’m honest this is way out of your league, especially if you can’t do the simple basic stuff.

Title
    Thanks
    I think your right Andy. I’m good with installing dishes and the rest and ok with what was needed to setup my spiderbox 6000. I’m probably gonna have a look around and see if there are any local suppliers who might be able to do it for me. My setups great, but would even better if I could add some of the available 4K channels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast