Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Picture vanished now I can't get a picture.

Title
    Thanks

Picture vanished now I can't get a picture.

I was watching TV earlier on my OSMini when the screen went black and the No Signal message popped up on the screen.

I rebooted the box but although the box was booting the TV wasn't receiving a signal, I swapped the HDMI cable into various other HDMI sockets on the TV but still no signal, I tried a few other HDMI cables but still no signal.

The box is alive and kicking as I can stream the picture to my PC using VLC, it's just the HDMI output that's vanished. Using the Web Interface I tried changing the video settings from 1080p to 1080i, 720p, 720i, 576i etc.... but still no signal.

I did a factory reset - no signal.
    I downloaded and installed the latest VIX firmware via USB - no signal.

I connected the box to my PC monitor - perfect picture, I connected it to the TV in my bedroom - perfect picture!

The box has been connected to my TV (Panasonic Viera) for about 3 years and I've never had any sort of signal issue, my TV supports every resolution imaginable so it's not as if the box is sending a signal my TV can't handle, also why would it decide to switch resolution while I'm watching Sky News?!

I've tested all the HDMI sockets on my TV with various games consoles and Bluray players, they all display fine, it's just my OS Mini that's decided to stop sending a signal to this one particular TV.

Very strange.

I also tried using the AV adaptor on the rear, no signal from that either.
    Last edited by stu232; 17-08-19 at 16:12.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    When you do the system reset or usb flash I assume you get a setup picture on the TV??? If not how do you know the flash worked?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Nothing on the screen at all.
    I can see the flashing happening via the VFD, it displays BOOT, I press OK on the remote and it goes into a sort of count down, then it reboots.
    When I connect the box to another TV I can see that the update has been applied.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Panasonic vierra if like mine can work if box is on 1080p or 1080i.One word of caution is not to play with cables while units are powered on as ports do blow.
    Have you tried powering off box and tv checking hdmi is fully inserted on both.
    Have you removed usb that had the image on it when off.
    Power on tv and box and wait a few minutes more to see if anything is happening.

Title
    Thanks
    I am guilty of removing cables and USB whilst the power is on.

I think my HDMI sockets might be dying, if not dead already.
    Last edited by stu232; 17-08-19 at 17:24.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stu232 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (17-08-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It can get very expensive doing that way but its a learning thing.
    Next is your av cable a 3.5 jack with red/white/yellow phono plugs and source changed on tv,not sure source needs changing on box also.

Power surges and spikes kill many things.