Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Network shares

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yes I record to it but don't use it as a hdd replacement.
    All my boxes record to it and I've setup the coloured buttons in the movie player to go to my shared drives.

movie player.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (17-08-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    Are you doing this by pc or box as just checked my nas,one side is password protected and cant access via pc,forgot password but have it handy.
    Your recorded files might have a different destination?
    On the other e2 boxes what does it say for your nas location to see if it differs.
    I am doing all this on my HD51, no pc involved at all.

I want to access my media files on my FreeNAS server under /mnt/WinShare/Media/Films, and /mnt/WinShare/Media/Music, and /mnt/WinShare/Media/OldFilms.

If it's not possible, I'll use something else instead.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to avalon65 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (17-08-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Did you go onto your remote and press the list or files button to show your devices that are mounted and select your nas.
    My nas is a mybooklive and viewing from my et8000

On doing a search on Freenas storage it uses NFS protocol,so possibly you might have to delete your cifs share for nas and enable nfs and remount it.Just recheck for what protocol it uses on your nas and hope it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cactikid; 17-08-19 at 20:16.

Title
    Thanks
    On my remote, I press the menu button, then setup, then network, then mount then mount browser?? to see a list of what is mounted.When I press the green button, the mounts or shares are all ticked green to show they are active. My FreeNAS uses the zfs filesystem, and all the cifs shares are browsable on 3 linux computers, also they are mounted from the fstab file:

//192.168.0.22/WindowsMedia /mnt/SharedMedia cifs credentials=/home/rob/.smbclient,uid=rob 0 0

As I said earlier, I don't have any NFS shares, only cifs, and as 3 other machines rely on or look for cifs shares, I won't be deleting them.

Now when I go to the HD51 box from my PC, I can see a list of mounts, under MNT/autofs. For example : FilmsFREENAS, FREENAS, MEDIA, MediaFREENAS, MusicFREENAS, and non of the said mounts show any files when I click on then: Location could not be displayed.

The mount path on my FreeNASmachine is: /mnt/WinShare/Media/ , so I don't understand why the Mutant is listing it as above. The ViX manual doen't give any information on how to set the correct path.

Just an after thought, how do you mount your shares, do you use Autofs or fstab at boot.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by avalon65 View Post
    Now when I go to the HD51 box from my PC, I can see a list of mounts, under MNT/autofs. For example : FilmsFREENAS, FREENAS, MEDIA, MediaFREENAS, MusicFREENAS, and non of the said mounts show any files when I click on then: Location could not be displayed.

The mount path on my FreeNASmachine is: /mnt/WinShare/Media/ , so I don't understand why the Mutant is listing it as above. The ViX manual doen't give any information on how to set the correct path.

Just an after thought, how do you mount your shares, do you use Autofs or fstab at boot.

Thanks
    I realised the names above like FilmsFREENAS are just the shared name and NOT the path as I thought.

I found now that I have some other issues with the HD31 in that it cannot see or read any files from any of my external media devices, although by uPnP it can see the folders of the said media, but not the filenames.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I use autofs on mine.Sometimes when i go to select a location i get dont exist as i then have to remove mounts and rescan,maybe my ip changed.Sorry not know about zfs and was it working before on an e2 box and ip has not changed.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok thanks for your help, and I have now posted this problem in the ViX support forum.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to avalon65 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (18-08-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi all,
    Something similar here. , but I don't get option of cifs share only nfs, Box can see Nas and folder is green, but keeps saying path doesn't exist. even after rebooting,
    My android TV can see Nas and files and play, but the VIX is a way better interface to work with, any help appreciated

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    changed to FSTAB and its working, always in pass it was boot as needed. funny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12