Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ABM using FBC tuners and normal twin Sat tuner

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

ABM using FBC tuners and normal twin Sat tuner

Hello all

I’ve just done a fresh install of VIX 5.2.045 with no backups, all installed from fresh.

My setup is as follows, Vu+ Ultimo 4K with cable FBC tuners configured and sat FBC tuners configured to 28 Astra. I also have a twin sat tuner with tuner Q configured to USALS, tuner R not configured.

Before I did the fresh install, this configuration using ABM CustomMix importer VM into Sky UK worked fine. Also Vhannibals Autosetting Plugin installed but set to manual update. As I said, this all worked fine, no problems.

Same setup with the fresh install but when I run ABM it fails reading Sky UK at 42% 3/7 and shows a message saying cannot read data and something to do with tuner Q not being properly configured.

If I disable tuner Q and run ABM it picks up all the channels, albeit the screen goes blank, this never used to happen, the picture would stay on.

It’s as if it hasn’t got multiple tuners.

Anyone any ideas as to what the problem is?

Many thanks in advance.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Is this the “old“ model or the “new“ model with dvb-s2X tuners??
    A config diagram would help
    ......and which version worked last??

Also have you been back through each tuner to see if it is setup correctly (and I am not saying you didn‘t set up correctly - on my Giga4K‘s and a new setup it can take a few reboots to get the tuners to stay as originally configured with mixed FBC and dvb-s2X)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

micscave (16-08-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    I think there was a driver issue reported on another forum where the cards have to be put in a specific order. Have you changed the card order?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

micscave (16-08-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    twol

No this is the old version, it’s 2 years old.

I’ve been through the FBC sat tuner setup and all 8 seem to be set up fine I set up as user band 1 and not connected to anything and the next 7 being set to user band through to 8 and being connected to the previous tuner just as it has always been.

I seem to remember when I first had the box that you had to leave tuner j not configured but that was remedied in an update and has worked up until now.

@abu baniaz

The cards are installed in the order in which they have been for the last 2 years.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micscave View Post
    twol

I’ve been through the FBC sat tuner setup and all 8 seem to be set up fine I set up as user band 1 and not connected to anything and the next 7 being set to user band through to 8 and being connected to the previous tuner just as it has always been.

I seem to remember when I first had the box that you had to leave tuner j not configured but that was remedied in an update and has worked up until now.

@abu baniaz

The cards are installed in the order in which they have been for the last 2 years.
    .... thanks, what was your last working version?
    ... and do you still have a settings backup from the last working setup - if you have and you do a system reset (/menu/system) and restore does that work??
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

micscave (16-08-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    .... thanks, what was your last working version?
    ... and do you still have a settings backup from the last working setup - if you have and you do a system reset (/menu/system) and restore does that work??
    @twol

Unfortunately I don’t have any backups, I cleared them all out and because my box was playing up with other issues I didn’t want to do an installation using a backup, you live and learn I guess.

If I can’t figure it out or get any answers on here then I’ll do a fresh install tomorrow and report back.

It is odd though as I know it is configured the same as I always do it... gotta love this hobby eh?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micscave View Post
    twol

@abu baniaz

You are not meant to connect to previous, you are meant to connect to the root/physical tuner. The daisy chaining was owing to a bug which as been fixed. But that is not the tuner having an issue.

Are you using USALS motor controls?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

micscave (18-08-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You are not meant to connect to previous, you are meant to connect to the root/physical tuner. The daisy chaining was owing to a bug which as been fixed. But that is not the tuner having an issue.

Are you using USALS motor controls?
    Hi abu baniaz

I didn’t know that about the daisy chaining, so they should all be connected to tuner I?

I’ll give that a go in a bit as it’s recording at the moment.

I am using USALS controls on tuner Q.

Title
    Thanks
    FBC tuners should be linked to the "main tuner" of that module that has the signal wire. You are not using ABM on them, so not important to your issue.

TESTS:
    Firstly update your satellites.xml file. Easiest thing is to use xmlupdate plugin

All tests must be done using tuner Q as this is te one giving issues

Test 1.
    Using Signal finder, check you that you can receive 28.2, 11778, Vertical 27500. It should be on predefined list if you updated xml file

Test 2:
    Scan 28.2, do not enable network scan. How many services you can find.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

micscave (18-08-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Okay I now know what the problem is with tuner Q.

This is my motorised dish and is mounted a lot lower than my Zone 2 Fixed dish.

I’ve now got a neighbours tree in full foliage which is blocking out 19 deg to 28 deg to this dish so when it tries to retrieve ABM info it can’t as it’s blocked.

I’m sure though that it would use the FBC tuner I to P to retrieve this info before I had updated.

This would be the most preferable tuner to use as it is a multi tuner in effect.

Is there any way I can make it use this tuner for ABM again?

Regards

Title
    Thanks
    ABM uses the last qualifying tuner for the provider. Q is after P.

Why don't you use the USALS option selecting positions. Do not enable 28.2 and that will mean receiver and ABM won't use the motorised dish for 28.2

17. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

micscave (18-08-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi abu baniaz

I’ll give that a go thanks, but what has changed, it used to use the FBC tuner automatically without issues?

Title
    Thanks
    Nothing has changed in ABM. It always used the last free tuner. Sorry, i should have also said "free" earlier.

The only thing that has changed in Enigma2 is how the NIM sockets are grouped/recognised. It is working correctly by the looks of and unearthing problems that were hidden before.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

micscave (18-08-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes I think you might be right. I think the tree / foliage problem has happened and I hadn’t realised and ABM was using Q all the time.

Looks like I need to get the tree loppers out.

It has worked by the way by dropping 28 deg from the USALS list, thanks for that tip.