Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Diseqc or equivalent for 3 unicable LNB's

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Diseqc or equivalent for 3 unicable LNB's

At the moment I have a unicable LNB pointing at 28.2 and 2 universal LNB's pointing at 13.0 and 19.2.
    I have 5 receivers which all have twin sat tuners, 3 of them have FBC tuners and 2 have standard tuners.
    Is it possible to replace my universal LNB's with unicable LNB's and have feeds from all 3 sats to all receivers?
    I have got 2 receivers set up with 28.2 on one FBC tuner and the other tuner as diseqc for the other 2 feeds at the moment but ideally I would like to be able to receive all sats on all receivers.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Abu had this posted on another thread with fbc tuners.

VU+ UNO tuner questions

It is an FBC tuner. You can use a normal LNB with it. It will work with your current 28.2 signal wires (provided not wideband Sky Q)

It has 8 demodulators. 2 will be independent, 6 will be loop through.

If you use a unicable LNB, they will all be independent.

once again, you can use an FBC tuner module with a normal LNB.

Unsure about diseqc use?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    With a legacy tuner and a Unicable LNB you can set it up so that it accesses a specific channel on the Unicable LNB - obviously (?) each legacy tuner has to access a different channel
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'm happy with unicable and fbc and using diseqc on universal lnb's.
    I just wondered if there is any way of getting 3 feeds from separate unicable lnb's to 2 fbc tuners (on several receivers).
    I read somewhere that you can't use diseqc on unicable and that you have to use a multiswitch or programmer but I'm a bit lost with it.
    This is how I have my tuners setup at the moment with one tuner as fbc from unicable and one with the other 2 universal feeds in diseqc mode:

tuners.jpg

I notice that there is a diseqc option in the fbc tuner setup but no idea what to do with it:

diseqc.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Afraid you are going to have to try it - its ridiculously frustrating how this works - I have just online flashed and find my setup completely screwed (I have multiple Unicable switches and Unicable LNB‘s) - sometimes it works other times it doesn‘t a have a clue

Thank you multiboot so you can revert quickly out of this mess
    Last edited by twol; 13-08-19 at 18:43.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    So is it unicable switches that I need then? It all seems a bit of a mystery to me.

Title
    Thanks
    Because I have quad/quattro LNB‘s (and live in an area that is borderline for 28.2E reception) and wasn‘t sure about Unicable, I went with the expensive option of switches which gives you (depending on the Unicable switch) a lot of options between Unicable and Legacy ports.
    It still doesn‘t solve how you get (if possible) 2 feeds into a FCB tuner......each of my FCB tuners has a specific feed, my legacy tuners also go through either legacy or unicable to specific feeds (28.2E, 27.5W or 19.2E)

Sorry but you have to try the options and see if it works..... as you can see from my exasperated response earlier - sometimes even when setup - it fails - although in this case I know why and can fix!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (13-08-19)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Frustration I can cope with... I've been married 3 times
    I just didn't want to spend too much on stuff that won't work

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You could also sell it if if dont work?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I would rather get rid of Mrs Willo than my Vu pluses

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (13-08-19),Donnie (20-08-19)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post
    I've told mine that and added Stella

Title
    Thanks
    I don't know whether this will help, Willo (and it may be too late), but here's what I have done.

I have four quattro LNBs, one for each the four satellites I'm mainly interested in; they are all mounted on a toroidal dish. So I have 16 cables coming down from them, and these I have connected to the corresponding 16 inputs on a 17x10 EMP-Centauri multiswitch (MS17/10ECP-4). This is essentially a four-way DiSEqC 1.0 (2.0) A/B/C/D switch which can route any channel from the four satellites to any of its 10 user outputs. The 17th input is a passive connection for a terrestrial antenna, but I'm not using that here. You can find quattro switches with differing numbers of outputs from various manufacturers. To avoid getting into a mess when connecting up, I used different coloured cables to identify the four polarity/band combinations.

For the satellite I use most, I wanted a Unicable feed to supply my FBC tuners. To provide this, I added a Spaun SUS 5581/33 NF 'UniSEqC' switch, which delivers eight user bands (SCRs) via its Unicable output. It has four quattro inputs -- but it also passes the input signals onward via its four quattro outputs, which means that it can be interposed between the LNB and the EMP-Centauri switch, and they will all work happily together. Incidentally, the EMP-Centauri switch needs a remote power supply so that it remains always alive.

I could have bought similar Unicable switches for each of the other quattro LNBs, if I had needed to feed them to other Unicable receivers or FBC tuners.

On the dish I also have several ordinary LNBs, and to connect these I have added some DiSEqC 1.1 switches. These work in cascade with the DiSEqC multiswitch. In each case, an output cable from the EMP-Centauri switch is connected to port 1 of the DiSEqC 1.1 switch (so that the system will default to that) and ordinary quad LNBs can be connected to the other ports. The screen-grabs show typical tuner setup for a quad LNB and one of my quattro LNBs.

The system has been working reliably (if untidily) for three years and reception seems pleasingly free of glitches when switching channels.
    20160911_101243s.jpgQuattro-LNB.jpgQuad-LNB.jpg
    GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K (Unicable + multiswitch DiSEqC 1.1/1.0 system); Octagon SF4008; Vu+ Solo4K; Edision OS mio 4K; Inverto Multibox SAT>IP; Wavefrontier toroidal dish

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arcy For This Useful Post:

gws (16-10-19),twol (16-10-19),Willo3092 (16-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    I should have added that the point of cascading the DiSeqC switches is that an ordinary tuner or receiver connected to the final output of one of the DiSEqC 1.1 switches has free access to all my quad LNBs as well as to any quad LNBs connected directly to the switch. You can get 4, 8, 10 and even 16-way DiSEqC 1.1 switches.
    GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K (Unicable + multiswitch DiSEqC 1.1/1.0 system); Octagon SF4008; Vu+ Solo4K; Edision OS mio 4K; Inverto Multibox SAT>IP; Wavefrontier toroidal dish

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Arcy For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (16-10-19)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanks for the comprehensive reply
    I ended up just leaving standard universal LNB's on 19.2E and 13.0E connected to 2 receivers with diseqc switches.
    I don't really watch a lot on Hotbird though, so my plan for the summer is to just have unicable LNB's on 19.0E and 28.2E to feed all my receivers.
    I'm sure your method will be a great help to others in the future, thanks for taking the time and the trouble