Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remote channel streamer and IPTV

Title
    Thanks
    "What stream type are you using or player on the main box?"

I am not sure what that means - how do I find out?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    The stream type identifies how its going to be played and for normal services probably 1 (the 1st digits in the stream)
    So how are you generating the bouquets??
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    The stream type identifies how its going to be played and for normal services probably 1 (the 1st digits in the stream)
    So how are you generating the bouquets??
    I use Xstream to import the IPTV Bouquets.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Well, I could have guessed that one - I have seen frequent issues in the last year caused by this plugin - without wishing to be too negative, if you have the url‘s for your provider then try using Jedi, its pretty simple to use.
    Otherwise, perhaps attach a copy of one the generated streams inside a bouquet here (minus any userid/password info) So that we can see what it looks like.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thx I’ll have a play with Jedi

Title
    Thanks
    I latched on to this thread because I suspect I may have the same problem with the player mentioned near the end above. My IPTV provider uses the XE 3.0.8 plugin. Recently something was changed to help cope with blocking of the service. Previously the IPTV player selected in the XE menu was DVB(1), but now IPTV(4097) needs to be selected to get IPTV on the main box. Previously I was able to get IPTV with no problems on my slave box in the bedroom, but now I can receive satellite but not IPTV. I do not have the necessary XE plugin to be able to select other IPTV player options from the XE plugin menu, which are GSSTREAMER (5001) and EXTEPLAYER (5002). I always used the slave when the the main box was on standby; never both at once. Does anybody know of a solution apart from trying Jedi (which I've never come across)? Any advice much appreciated.

Set up: Main box V+ Solo2, Slave Technomate Nano M3, Image Open Vix Virtuosso 50032, Using Client mode.
    Last edited by Citizen33; 12-10-20 at 16:50.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Try the Serviceapp plugin. It’s in Extensions I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Citizen33 (13-10-20)

Title
    Thanks

Plugin

Thank you. I believe that is the plugin that enables the GSSTREAMER (5001) and EXTEPLAYER (5002) IPTV players. Which should I use? Does the plugin also have to be installed in the client? Can you say any more about how one or the other works?

Just checked extensions and the plugin isn't showing up when I do a download of what is available. Am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by Citizen33; 13-10-20 at 17:27. Reason: Checked Extensions

Title
    Thanks
    If your two boxes are E2 then ...
    1.- donwload and save from OpenWebif M3U (.m3u) listchannel Solo2.
    2.- FTP listchannel.m3u on /media/hdd...usb...etc on Nano M3.
    3.- Open Mediaplayer (from plugins or donwload from feed Mediaplayer extensions) on Nano M3, find and open the listchannel.m3u file
    Last edited by norhap; 13-10-20 at 21:01.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to norhap For This Useful Post:

Citizen33 (14-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks - will try at the weekend. This may not be a very elegant solution though, because the IPTV channels need updating quite often, especially for football. This was easy within the XE plugin before the recent change, and was mirrored on the Nano on a restart. It would nevertheless be better than nothing. It would be good if anybody knows whether the IPTV players enabled by Serviceapp would help, and where I could download Serviceapp.

Title
    Thanks
    Most providers of IPTV don’t allow multi room, so if main is using IPTV, nothing will show on client.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen33 View Post
    Thank you. I believe that is the plugin that enables the GSSTREAMER (5001) and EXTEPLAYER (5002) IPTV players. Which should I use? Does the plugin also have to be installed in the client? Can you say any more about how one or the other works?

Just checked extensions and the plugin isn't showing up when I do a download of what is available. Am I doing something wrong?
    If using just IPTV then isnalling on both boxes would be best if you are allowed multiple connections at the same time, if not turn off one then turn on the other.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    If using just IPTV then isnalling on both boxes would be best if you are allowed multiple connections at the same time, if not turn off one then turn on the other.
    Thanks for the help. Issue is solved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12