Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash Amiko HDD

Title
    Thanks

Flash Amiko HDD

Hello, I'm looking for some help flashing an Amiko Viper Combo HDD with Openvix. I found some help info on here for other brands, but none for the Amiko Viper Combo HDD. I have tried extracting the Openvix image to a usb, and copying the amikovipercomboHDD folder to the usb, and had no luck. I even changed the name of the noforce file to force but still not loading from power up. Any help would be much appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    I have this morning created a guide based on previous guides for other receivers but specific to the Amiko Viper Combo HDD. I have created a new thread and uploaded the guide HERE.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Satzone For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (04-08-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Satzone View Post
    I have this morning created a guide based on previous guides for other receivers but specific to the Amiko Viper Combo HDD. I have created a new thread and uploaded the guide HERE.
    Thanks a lot for that. I'll try than and let you know how I get on.

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you that worked just fine. I have another question regarding time-shift, is that something you can help with?

I flashed my Amiko Viper HDD with your most recent image. I plugged in an 8GB USB and initialised it. I restarted the box and pressed pause. The picture stopped as you would expect, BUT it jumps back to live TV when I press play. However, if I press pause again, it pauses just fine and starts to play from the correct position. In short, live pause only works for me if I press Pause-Play-Pause. Any help would be much appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    I could be wrong but from what you describe it is sounding like a more generic OpenViX 'thing' rather than specific to the Viper Combo HDD and it is something I've seen in the past on other hardware and I've got an idea it might have just been as simple as in my rush to test the feature I wasn't giving it long enough to record, say like only a second or two between pause and play (I was only testing not using in a real environment), something like that anyway, never the less I will check this out later on the same hardware as you and report back on how I get on.
    Last edited by Satzone; 08-08-19 at 05:46.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaysat View Post
    it jumps back to live TV when I press play. However, if I press pause again, it pauses just fine and starts to play from the correct position. In short, live pause only works for me if I press Pause-Play-Pause.
    Just as a small test try pressing pause, wait a short time, then press play, then press stop. Does the message then come up about exiting/stopping timeshift? If it does then this at least confirms you really are in timeshift mode or not.

I've had a good try out of this over the past half an hour and for me it is working OK, I pause and it pauses, I wait a while and then press play and it starts playing back from *almost* the point of where it was paused though not quite, I would agree there is a slight jump maybe a second or so from the point of where the 'picture is paused to where the playback starts from but 100% not jumping back to live. If it is a really short timeshift/recording then I guess this small second or so jump on playback could give the impression of jumping back to live even though it's not, it becomes much less apparent the longer the pause/recording as it's then clear when you start playback from pause/timeshift that it really is timeshift you are watching and not live especially if/when you exit timeshift mode and go back to live.

Just for reference I have been using OpenVix 5.2 build 045 with a Kingston 4GB USB flash drive which I formatted to ext3/4 via the box/firmware.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    How have you setup your Timeshift, can you list your settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    In timeshift settings enable timeshift.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Just as a small test try pressing pause, wait a short time, then press play, then press stop. Does the message then come up about exiting/stopping timeshift? If it does then this at least confirms you really are in timeshift mode or not.

I've had a good try out of this over the past half an hour and for me it is working OK, I pause and it pauses, I wait a while and then press play and it starts playing back from *almost* the point of where it was paused though not quite, I would agree there is a slight jump maybe a second or so from the point of where the 'picture is paused to where the playback starts from but 100% not jumping back to live. If it is a really short timeshift/recording then I guess this small second or so jump on playback could give the impression of jumping back to live even though it's not, it becomes much less apparent the longer the pause/recording as it's then clear when you start playback from pause/timeshift that it really is timeshift you are watching and not live especially if/when you exit timeshift mode and go back to live.

Just for reference I have been using OpenVix 5.2 build 045 with a Kingston 4GB USB flash drive which I formatted to ext3/4 via the box/firmware.

I will set up two TVs with the same channel to establish the extent of the lag or jump. I'll come back to you tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    In timeshift settings enable timeshift.

Yes, time shift is enabled.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    How many seconds you set Timeshift to?

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks

OK, The time shift message comes up after pause/play/stop. I know I only initialised my HDD using the box, I have not formatted to ext 3/4. I'm using a Toshiba PCL200 500 GB internal HDD. HDWK105.

I'm using Openvix Ver. 6.3 build 0.

Timeshift settings:

Time shift Location : /media/hdd/time shift/
    Auto record Location : /media/hdd/movie/
    Enable Auto record : No
    Automatically start time shift after : disabled

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    How have you setup your Timeshift, can you list your settings?

Timeshift settings:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    How many seconds you set Timeshift to?

Timeshift settings:

I have just changed time shift seconds to 2 seconds and restarted the box. No change I'm afraid.

Title
    Thanks
    I have just tried to time the jump, it's difficult to tell, but it looks like at least 4 seconds, which does appear to be jumping back to live TV, even though I timed the pause to 10 seconds and then played back the entire piece to work out where the jump landed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast