Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Complete Noob

Title
    Thanks

Complete Noob

Hi all

I am after some advice please?

Presently I have Sky+ and I am looking to replace this with FreeSat.
    I want a system that will allow me to record two or three channels whilst watching another.
    The receiver will also need to provide IPTV functions. I would also ideally like to fit an internal HDD as I think it’s much neater than internal system.
    Are there dual receivers that will also allow me to record terrestrial digital freebies channels?

I am looking to change the lnb on my sky dish to an octo lnb as I would like to put three or 4 less featured freesat receivers in other rooms for the grandparents and kids.

I know I am probably asking for the moon in a stick and lots of people will tell me to search the forum but I’m struggling to find a simple “flow chart” that points me in the right direction.

I think the (Edision OS mio 4K UHD Grey 1x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma 2 Combo Tuner Digital Multi-Stream Receiver H.265 HEVC UHD PVR) is suitable. Am I correct.

Many thanks

Nigel

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelC View Post
    I think the (Edision OS mio 4K UHD Grey 1x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma 2 Combo Tuner Digital Multi-Stream Receiver H.265 HEVC UHD PVR) is suitable. Am I correct.
    This would allow to record one channel and watch another. So if you were recording on Satellite you can watch on Terrestrial. Some satellite channels will be available while recording Satellite, but all depends what channel/frequencies/quadrant etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

NigelC (02-08-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Looking at what you would like from a receiver from your list of requirements, I would personally go the FBC route (a Satellite receiver with FBC), that would give you the equivalent of 8 tuners with 1x Satellite cable to the receiver and then have an additional Hybrid Twin Terrestrial tuner installed to give you your Terrestrial (Freeview) needs.
    Then in your rooms/bedrooms use client boxes to feed off one of the 8 available tuners to the main FBC receiver in your room. Beauty of the client mode is no satellite/coax cables are needed, just a network cable (for best results) or get a client box with built in Wifi, but personally go the extra mile and get ethernet cable installed to your desired areas.
    For the FBC tuner to be fully optimised one of these are needed >> https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...t-unicable-lnb
    Depending on what you require for your IPTV needs, depends on what receiver to go with. For instance, if you prefer a MAG type GUI for your IPTV viewing, a receiver with the Stalker app is the way to go. Or if you prefer to tinker with your IPTV (channel list etc), then pretty much any FBC compatible receiver will suffice.
    Any questions just fire them off!

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

cactikid (03-08-19),NigelC (02-08-19),twol (02-08-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestions

I have been looking at the Unicable Lnb as this seems a neater option that multiple cables
    You suggest client boxes? What are these exactly or can you point me to something suitable.
    I have been looking through the equipment available and FBC only seems available on the high end equipment

Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Client box i am using is a Vu zero but here is a box that can be used for client use.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...gigablue-hd-x2

Title
    Thanks
    Great Zgemma client box, also with built in Stalker for your IPTV needs if needed.
    https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...gemma-i55-plus

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (07-08-19)