Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: unicable questions?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

unicable questions?

hi been reading up on the unicable stuff just a few questions see if i am on right path?
    i have 3 vu solo 2 boxes which i want to use both tuners with old 4 quad lnb sky region 2 dish.currently at moment i have the 1 box with proper 2 cable feed and the other 2 boxes i have connected a satellite splitter which i have to say does work?i can sometimes record 2 channels seperately with both tuners set at simple uk sky in tuner setup but sometimes i get tune fail on other channels when recording?
    am i right thinking that i need a unicable lnb to replace existing sky quad lnb and can i then add a 4 way splitter to replace the existing sky quad lnb ports so i can record independently through both tuners with splitter?
    any help on this would be much appreciated.
    thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The reason you are getting the failures is that the receiver is trying to control the LNB and it cannot.

You need two more 2-way splitters. Where is the splitter you are using at the moment? By the dish or somewhere inside? Can you draw a diagram as that would avoid confusion/errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    The reason you are getting the failures is that the receiver is trying to control the LNB and it cannot.

You need two more 2-way splitters. Where is the splitter you are using at the moment? By the dish or somewhere inside? Can you draw a diagram as that would avoid confusion/errors.
    hi my splitters are behind my 2 solo 2 boxes inside 2 tuners connected to splitter single cable from lnb both same?my remaining solo 2 has 2 remaing cables from lnb behind that with no splitter.
    diagram very basic sorry done with mouse.satellite.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zenith For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (30-07-19)

Title
    Thanks
    OK, 4 way splitter by LNB. Make sure you organise waterproofing. Double check the 2way splitters are compatible. I would buy new ones, they are cheap.

Also, don't forget an adapter for the LNB so it fits on the dish.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    To give you an idea of my setup, I have an Inverto Unicabe 2/JESS LNB where cabling goes into my loft space (easy access) and that is where my splitter resides. The cabling from my splitter then goes back out, fixed to my outside walling and then back in to my Bedroom, Entertainment Room, Lounge Area, Kitchen etc. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

zenith (20-08-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi thanks for advice. Can I ask if a normal 4 way splitter be ok any recommendations? Also have I got my tuners set right as simple? Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    You will be restricted with your recordings etc as you are using a traditional LNB.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks

unicable questions?

You can't use a splitter properly with a universal LNB. Until you get your unicable LNB, remove the splitters, connect the signal wire to tuner B. Set tuner B as simple, single, 28.2. Tuner A should be set as loop through from tuner B. This will stop the random failures.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

zenith (30-07-19)

Title
    Thanks
    For unicable, you have to use passthrough splitters.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

zenith (30-07-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Look here for your Unicable LNB & Splitter needs >> https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...t-unicable-lnb

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

zenith (30-07-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thanks.my current splitters are new and are power pass so they should work when i get the lnb sorted.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    can i just confirm.
    would i be right in thinking would i need a splitter on my solo 2 box from unicable 2 lnb if i had cable on tuner b configured correctly for tuner a?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zenith View Post
    can i just confirm.
    would i be right in thinking would i need a splitter on my solo 2 box from unicable 2 lnb if i had cable on tuner b configured correctly for tuner a?
    Please rephrase your question.

Also, Solo2 tuners are internally linked in one direction only, so technically you don't need a splitter for the two boxes with the individual signal wires when you get unicable. There are restrictions though when using ABM and CrossEPG and any other process that requires sole use of a tuner

To avoid confusion,
    Post 8 refers to current setup, not unicable. You posted about your tuners being setup correctly, to me that referred to your current setup

19. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

zenith (31-07-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Please rephrase your question.

Also, Solo2 tuners are internally linked in one direction only, so technically you don't need a splitter for the two boxes with the individual signal wires when you get unicable. There are restrictions though when using ABM and CrossEPG and any other process that requires sole use of a tuner

To avoid confusion,
    Post 8 refers to current setup, not unicable. You posted about your tuners being setup correctly, to me that referred to your current setup
    hi was reading it wrong getting confused with the fbc tuners

Title
    Thanks
    Maybe something is being lost in context here, and you posted about current setup and proposed setup.

To clarify:
    On a receiver that has internal loopthrough, you can get away without a splitter and only use one cable with a Unicable LNB. There are restrictions though. It does not matter if FBC tuner or conventional tuner.

I forgot about the internal loopthrough, so my post about needing splitters for the two receivers with only one signal wire (using unicable LNB) is not 100% correct. There are restrictions though, so best to have them.

Post 4 in this thread maybe clarifies things better
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?60640-GT-Sat-GT-dLNB1DY-and-tuner-configuration&p=479326&viewfull=1#post479326

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast