Thanks

kodi on a hard drive

Hello..I have a Zgemma h7s receiver with an internal hard drive running enigma2 and latest OpenVix image...is it possible to install Kodi on the internal hard drive instead of it installing to the receiver storage and if so could someone please advise how to do it...thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 7,467 Times in 5,016 Posts
    The plugin is installed as per structure defined in IPK. You can try create a symlink to HDD for that particular path before you install it. Or move it then create symlink

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

jammax (24-07-19)

Thanks
    Ahh right I suspected that I might to need create symlinks between the hard drive and the receiver operating system..I had it installed on the receiver but found it be quite slow and it had tendency lock-up the receiver which then needed a hard reboot...so thank you for the response it is appreciated...

Thanks
    Kodi installation with a /media/hdd device present installs like this

Main installation plugin - Flash memory of box i.e the IPK and standard installation files probably around 50mg of flash memory

Then all the data and addons and stuff (say a 600mb custom build) will be in /media/hdd/.kodi

This can be viewed via filezilla and unticking show hidden files etc

If no /media/hdd mount present then that .kodi goes in /home/root which is flash memory of device.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to danny121pt For This Useful Post:

jammax (25-07-19)

Thanks
    An example would be

Fresh Flash an Image.
    You have an internal hdd mounted as /media/hdd
    Install Kodi via plugins (then install and depends go on flash memory i.e 50mg)
    Open kodi set up you build
    Then all data which is relevant to addons, addon data, and so forth is pretty much in /media/hdd/.kodi.

Now if you did the above, but had no hdd connected then it would all be in /home/root/.kodi

If you then connected a hdd, and you open kodi would be fresh as it auto points to /media/hdd

So if its already on internal flash you could do

ln -s /home/root/.kodi /media/hdd

So that way you wouldn't need to redo the build, but it would still be on root.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to danny121pt For This Useful Post:

jammax (25-07-19)

Thanks
    @danny121pt...ahh m8 well done thank you for this walk through especially the symlink...I would have had to throw some thinking into that one there are some slight differences doing it on a linux pc to a linux receiver however what you have given is good stuff very helpful and might benefit others...good man