Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: GIGABLUE UHD UE 4K Flashing Isuue

Title
    Thanks

GIGABLUE UHD UE 4K Flashing Isuue

Hi to all
    Having factory reset the above receiver no matter what image I try it just wont load onto box. Any help would be much appreciated

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    So factory reset means there is an image there which boots?..... which image?
    How are you trying to flash ..... exactly how!

Compared to most.. this is an easy box to even usb flash.. providing you load up the usb correctly
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    So factory reset means there is an image there which boots?..... which image?
    How are you trying to flash ..... exactly how!
    Hi
    I have been trying to flash openvix and also openatv through a usb inserted in rear of receiver. The file I then unzip is gigablue which I transfer to usb stick like I have always done. Its only since the factory reset this has ever happened

Title
    Thanks
    Factory reset does nothing other than remove the initial setup.. so you can reconfigure
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    Factory reset does nothing other than remove the initial setup.. so you can reconfigure
    I am now left with an Openesi screen now and unable to do anything with

Title
    Thanks
    So the issue is that you have to find a usb stick format FAT32 that will allow you to flash ..... often the older and smaller sticks are better for this.
    Once you get through this,I would suggest that you use the multiboot facility of this receiver if you are going to play around with images .... with this receiver as long as you have one working image you can get the receiver to boot into this image.
    Apart from 1st use (and once when they changed the bootup) I have never usb flashed this receiver ..... always use the multiboot capability.

However, in the meantime be patient and try a few different sticks and make sure you are using teh correct procedure for usb flashing
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    So the issue is that you have to find a usb stick format FAT32 that will allow you to flash ..... often the older and smaller sticks are better for this.
    Once you get through this,I would suggest that you use the multiboot facility of this receiver if you are going to play around with images .... with this receiver as long as you have one working image you can get the receiver to boot into this image.
    Apart from 1st use (and once when they changed the bootup) I have never usb flashed this receiver ..... always use the multiboot capability.

However, in the meantime be patient and try a few different sticks and make sure you are using teh correct procedure for usb flashing
    Many thanks for your advice and help. Turns out the issue was with the usb stick I had always used previously. After trying new spare 1 lying around it is now working