Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: OpenVix randomly crashes

Title
    Thanks

OpenVix randomly crashes

Hi all,

I powered on my Octogon SF8008 for the first time in about a week and was simply watching BBC One HD on 28.2E. Half way through watching a programme, the box decided to randomly reboot itself - screen went black for a few seconds and the OpenVix logo followed. About an hour later, it does the same thing again.

I've checked for any running plugins and the only things that I'm guessing it could be are either FlushCache or the EPG populating(?).

There were no crash logs but I did notice two debug logs which were created when the crashes occured. I have attached them to this post.

I installed a software update a week ago and that seemed to install fine. However, I tried installing some further updates tonight following the reboots and despite the box rebooting as normal following an update, I see that the flashing green icon re-appears and the same updates appear in the software update screen. I have also uploaded screenshots of these screens below.

Would really appreciate any help with this as it's very frustrating when programmes are interupted

Enigma2_debug_2019-07-15_20-05-54.log
    Enigma2_debug_2019-07-15_20-15-55.log

1_0_19_5226_0_0_11AAB59_0_0_0_20190715210845.jpg
    1_0_19_5226_0_0_11AAB59_0_0_0_20190715210828.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    So why are you using cacheflush on a SF8008????
    Apart from that I would try a settings backup and then reflash using ImageManager
    Last edited by twol; 15-07-19 at 21:25.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    So why are you using cacheflush on a SF8008????
    It was actually suggested to me from someone here as the box would constantly crash if I was viewing a high bitrate 4:2:2 feed over OpenWebIf. Does the SF8008 not need it? I assumed CacheFlush solved the issue but thinking about it, it may have just been a coincidence that the problem stopped once it was installed.

I have just disabled it now though through the plugin's own option screen, I very rarely watch 4:2:2 feeds and would much rather have a stable box for normal viewing (if this is what was causing it).

Very strange though as it's been absolutely fine for weeks. Suddenly one week with no use and its randomly rebooting itself.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Why do you have timeshift enabled when you have no disk space to store it on?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I notice a lot of users having previous slow boxes using cacheflush and swapfile now on modern fast boxes when not needed.